Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like a new recall just posted.
Title
Safety (Noncompliance) Recall 22TA03 (Interim Notice 22TB03) Multiple Models and Model Years, Vehicle Stability Control System May Not Default to "On"
Status
Remedy Not Available
Description
A software error can cause the Vehicle Stability Control system (VSC) not to default to 'on' the next time the car is started under certain circumstances. This can result in noncompliance with applicable regulations in the U.S.
Remedy
Toyota is currently preparing the remedy for this issue. When the remedy is available, any authorized Toyota dealer will update the software in the Skid Control ECU FREE OF CHARGE. At this time, Toyota estimates the remedy can be available in late April 2022.
For answers to frequently asked questions, please click here.
Dealer Reference ID
22TB03

·
Registered
178 Posts
Don't just rely on the app to see if your van is included. It does not show up in my app (yet), but on the Toyota site (Which NHTSA re-directed me to), it does for my VIN.

Go here: Lookup Safety Recalls & Service Campaigns or here: Recalls | NHTSA

(As I write this the NHTSA site is not properly responding, but the Toyota site is).

There is no fix yet, so drive safe.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've had a deposit on a Sienna for 2 months now, and check local dealer sites often. I noticed yesterday that my local dealer that had 3 Siennas in inventory, is now showing none. I'm guessing that they had to pull them until the recall is fixed. Unfortunately this will probably further delay things for me (and others waiting) as all units in production and completed with production/in transit, will need this recall done, prior to showing up as for sale.
At least it looks like an easy fix with a software update.

·
Registered
536 Posts
How would you check if VSC is on, or is it that assume it is on unless you see a light that indicates VSC off?
The way I understand it is that VSC OFF indicator turn on when first start Sienna and then should stay off.
Basically make sure VSC OFF lights up when start and then lights off after a few seconds. Both important.

The indicator is pic of a vehicle with two squiggly lines underneath and "OFF" underneath lines.

From manual:

VSC OFF indicator*3, 5 (P.336)

*3:The light comes on when the system is turned off.
*5:These lights turn on when the power switch is turned to ON to indicate that a system check is being performed. They will turn off after the hybrid system is on, or after a few seconds. There may be a malfunction in a system if the lights do not turn on, or turn off. Have the vehicle inspected by your Toyota dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had a deposit on a Sienna for 2 months now, and check local dealer sites often. I noticed yesterday that my local dealer that had 3 Siennas in inventory, is now showing none. I'm guessing that they had to pull them until the recall is fixed. Unfortunately this will probably further delay things for me (and others waiting) as all units in production and completed with production/in transit, will need this recall done, prior to showing up as for sale.
At least it looks like an easy fix with a software update.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2017 Sienna was totaled last spring. We put a down payment on a 2021 (2022 models were just about to come out) also and we received it in July. It was so worth the wait. This is now our 3rd Sienna since 2008 and we are very, very happy. We haven't taken it on a trip yet, so all of our miles are city and I get an average of 35-37 mpg. Of course it is a hybrid and is FWD. I hope you like your new van as much as we do. What color did you order?

·
Registered
74 Posts
this isn't good enough, as the issue is a bit complicated. if you turn the stability control off, and then turn off the van, the stability control remains off, but the light indicating its off does not turn back on upon turning the van back on. I know this because I had it happen to me. I was glad I could finally disable the "no fun mode" and slide my awd van around a bit in the snow without the stability taking away controls from me. To get it to turn back on, you have to actually hit the button to turn it off, which will light up the light on the dash again, and then hit it again to turn it back on, which will "reset" the computer into turning it back on. unless you do this, the stm stays "off" until you do this procedure.

·
Registered
Sienna LE AWD 2022
3 Posts
My 2017 Sienna was totaled last spring. We put a down payment on a 2021 (2022 models were just about to come out) also and we received it in July. It was so worth the wait. This is now our 3rd Sienna since 2008 and we are very, very happy. We haven't taken it on a trip yet, so all of our miles are city and I get an average of 35-37 mpg. Of course it is a hybrid and is FWD. I hope you like your new van as much as we do. What color did you order?
Do you hear the engine noise of Sienna 2021? Is it is bigger Sienna 2017? I drove a RAV4 2013 and I heard the engine noise of my Sienna 2022 is louder than my rav4.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts