Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

Volume control in CarPlay

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Sienna.Guy 
#1 ·
I've been having an issue with my 2022 XLE. When I use CarPlay to hook my phone to the system, I can't control the playback volume of Youtube, Instagram or Facebook videos. Sometimes is quite low and sometimes super loud. It works fine for Spotify. It seems to be specifically related to videos. I've tried controlling the volume via my iphone and no luck. Anyone have a similar problem or know the solution?

#7 ·
So hitting the mode button on the steering wheel didn’t work. The suggestion of going to audio in the settings menu and then adjust voice volume also didn’t work. Also, there isn’t a volume icon the top right of my screen, so nothing to adjust there.

Still a problem, unfortunately.

#10 ·
Next: Update phone to latest iOS. Delete phone from Sienna's BT list. Don't (re)pair phone to BT (yet). Use Apple certified lightning cable to connect CarPlay. If solved, try pairing to BT and see if issue comes back with CarPlay.

Most audio BT connections utilize the phone's volume controls as input volume.

GOOD LUCK!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.