Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Toyota Sienna base model LE FWD Gray. So basic basic basic 1/15/22. That was during an already crisis time from chips and now we have moved into the War in Ukraine which I understand is disrupting supply chains every which way. So, anyone have any idea how long my wait might be? I get gas at costco here on Kauai and the Toyota(1 toy dealership on island) dealership is across the streetand has maybe 4 new cars. When I see a Sienna sitting there I of course perk up. Saw a suspect Sienna matching my description so I called my salesman. He said it was ordered in Sept October. So before the War I was planning on 5 months and hoping for sooner but now,,,. Thoughts? I have seen on my fav youtube channel it is anyone's guess at this time? Guesses? At least I am not desperate and I am not being bombed out of my home.

· Registered
31 Posts
We put a deposit down 5 or 6 weeks ago. At the time we were told 3-4 months. A couple of weeks ago my husband called around to a few more dealerships again. He was was now being told 6-12 months.

My hopes of a new car for this summer have switched to "maybe by Christmas?"

· Registered
78 Posts
We put a deposit down 5 or 6 weeks ago. At the time we were told 3-4 months. A couple of weeks ago my husband called around to a few more dealerships again. He was was now being told 6-12 months.

My hopes of a new car for this summer have switched to "maybe by Christmas?"
Call all dealers in like 200 mile radius. Let them know you are interested if any vehicles come up and are not taken. Almost everyone will say to you all vehicles are booked even before they come in. There would be a handful who might say we will call you if anything becomes available. This is the best you can do and wait.... Now its possible if when a vehicle becomes available, the dealer might want something on top of MSRP or the vehicle has some packages preinstalled that you didn't want. You can make the decision at that time if you want to buy or skip.

· Registered
31 Posts
Call all dealers in like 200 mile radius. Let them know you are interested if any vehicles come up and are not taken. Almost everyone will say to you all vehicles are booked even before they come in. There would be a handful who might say we will call you if anything becomes available. This is the best you can do and wait.... Now its possible if when a vehicle becomes available, the dealer might want something on top of MSRP or the vehicle has some packages preinstalled that you didn't want. You can make the decision at that time if you want to buy or skip.
Most of them are saying they won't even put you on a waiting list unless you pay a $500-1000 deposit. Many have been refundable, but some want non-refundable deposits. I was comfortable with a couple of refundable deposits, but not really wanting to tie up thousands of dollars for what could be a year. Such a frustrating process.

· Registered
133 Posts
I will be completing my 2 months soon on 2 deposits. Both dealers have no timeline other than it could be another 4-5 months. Of course, I can get it sooner if I pay 7-8K over MSRP at some dealers.
Same for me. I'm 2 months on waiting, and have passed on 3 other Siennas that were thousands over sticker and the dealers weren't budging. So I gave my $500 deposit to the dealer that is doing sticker price, and it's a waiting game. I check their website for new inventory every other day or so. And I do see some units coming and going... just not the one I want.

· Registered
56 Posts
I put in for an XLE at end of February and then in early March I broadened to looking for the first Sienna XLE and above; in late March the dealer apparently traded a Platinum Tundra they got allocated for a Sienna Limited at another dealer that wasn't allocated to anyone. I accepted the offer and got the Sienna a month after going on the list. The car showed up 2 days after I accepted it, driven up from the other dealer. Lots of port accessories roof rails, dash cam, connectivity kit, mud guards and side molding. Charged a non-negotiable $1095 for a service plan for dings, glass and key replacement. Finance tried to claim it's not cancellable, but contract appears to say it is.

· Registered
1 Posts
We put in for a similar sienna (FWD LE) with a deposit in early December 2022. Dealer (Michigan) was sure that we would get it in about March 2022. Received an update end of February that it was going to be built in the very beginning of March which I of course was delighted. A week later my sales rep called me and told me that they shut down production and they were unsure when or even if they would get an allocation to my specification. I am at the top of this “list” and I told them at this rate if they get a sienna as an LE (don’t care about color or much of anything else), we will take it. I have also called around other dealers to put my name on the waitlist. We shall see. Thankfully we don’t need the van yet but that window is closing.

· Registered
5 Posts
I ordered a Toyota Sienna base model LE FWD Gray. So basic basic basic 1/15/22. That was during an already crisis time from chips and now we have moved into the War in Ukraine which I understand is disrupting supply chains every which way. So, anyone have any idea how long my wait might be? I get gas at costco here on Kauai and the Toyota(1 toy dealership on island) dealership is across the streetand has maybe 4 new cars. When I see a Sienna sitting there I of course perk up. Saw a suspect Sienna matching my description so I called my salesman. He said it was ordered in Sept October. So before the War I was planning on 5 months and hoping for sooner but now,,,. Thoughts? I have seen on my fav youtube channel it is anyone's guess at this time? Guesses? At least I am not desperate and I am not being bombed out of my home.
I called dealers in six states and everyone said you really cannot order anything yet. So, I just happened to call one more dealership in Arkansas and he said he had one coming in his allocation. They apparently get whatever the factory says they will get. I wanted a Platinum model 4wd. No luck on the 4wd, but FWD only. I agreed and put money down on good faith that this really was going to happen back in December. I kept in contact with them and they said they got the "fake" VIN number in January and it actually was going to built. Kept checking through January, then in to February and it actually came in the last week of the month.
What happened for me was pure luck. I do have one suggestion. Get on YouTube and look up the YAA channel and subscribe. They have a website that shows where models you want are located nationwide. It's going to be tougher in Hawaii...NO doubt. But keep trying and good luck!

· Registered
26 Posts
Put a deposit on a Woodlands last June, just to save my place in line. Still waiting. My dealer hasn't gotten one yet. Other dealers have, but they upcharge and are a pain to deal with. At this point I can wait as long as it takes, maybe by the end of the year. Just did a bunch of maintenance on my 2007 xle awd, so I'm not in a position where I need the vehicle.

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone, I guess I'll share my story. First post but been reading the forum for a while. I put down deposit for Cypress LE in early December 2021. Originally ETA was mid March, then sometime in April. Needless to say I doubt it's coming anytime soon. I am certainly not paying over MSRP but may have to consider other colors.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Aloha! I can't help you on your question, but I have a funny story about the Toyota dealer on Kauai. We were there on vacation a few years ago and drove past that dealership (Servco). I stopped in and they gave me a few license plate holders. So our Sienna here on the mainland looks like we bought it in Kauai.
I think we have a good dealership here, a good thing as they are the only one here! Lucky live Kauai!

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
200 mile radius doesn't really work here.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Well, I had to share this with you all. I got a package with a nice Igloo cooler thermos with a note from the dealership, The note just says and acknowledges the problems with the Car situation right now and hopes the thermos makes it better. Being a small business owner I REALLY appreciate this small gift but it shows I am heard. Servco Toyota Kauai. Don't know if this is a national promotion but it sure is brilliant. I just noticed there was also a 20$ gift card to a grocery store. My 500$ deposit is going a long way.
Plant Hand Flower Flowerpot Drinkware

1 - 20 of 42 Posts