Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 20 of 987 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was place an order 2021 AWD Limited at early July in BC and I am still waiting the call from dealer.
Could you please share the waiting time in Canada?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Placed a deposit July 17 on an XLE. Was told it would be here today. It has been sitting in storage area awaiting an inspection and a vin number. Might get it sometime in the next week's. Have been given the explanation of staff shortages with port employees, inspection employees, truck drivers and dealer employees. It can be frustrating but out of your control.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Placed a deposit July 17 on an XLE. Was told it would be here today. It has been sitting in storage area awaiting an inspection and a vin number. Might get it sometime in the next week's. Have been given the explanation of staff shortages with port employees, inspection employees, truck drivers and dealer employees. It can be frustrating but out of your control.
yes, I understand all the circumstances globally but it's getting frustrated for the wait time.

Congrats and show off when you pick up :)

·
Registered
2022 Blueprint XSE AWD & Tech PKG (still waiting)
21 Posts
Same here in BC, I placed an order for a blueprint XSE AWD plus Tech back in August, and I am still waiting for the news from the dealership. I highly doubt I will receive the car this year.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Same here in BC, I placed an order for a blueprint XSE AWD plus Tech back in August, and I am still waiting for the news from the dealership. I highly doubt I will receive the car this year.
Are you in the lower Mainland? Blue was the colour I was most wanting but every dealer I talked with highly discouraged it and it would be a long wait and I am on a time crunch.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Are you in the lower Mainland? Blue was the colour I was most wanting but every dealer I talked with highly discouraged it and it would be a long wait and I am on a time crunch.
Correct. Placed my order at Open Road Toyota. The rep is unable to give me est. wait time, because it's totally up to the production and how Toyota Canada distribute the vehicles to the channels. Fortunately, I don't need the car right away; however, I am slowly getting impatient for the wait of the new car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Correct. Placed my order at Open Road Toyota. The rep is unable to give me est. wait time, because it's totally up to the production and how Toyota Canada distribute the vehicles to the channels. Fortunately, I don't need the car right away; however, I am slowly getting impatient for the wait of the new car.
Don't be discouraged. It will get here soon enough. You just happened to order the highest in demand trim and package.

Mine is sitting on Annacis Island unable to move. The dealer isn't getting much information from Toyota Canada.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don't be discouraged. It will get here soon enough. You just happened to order the highest in demand trim and package.

Mine is sitting on Annacis Island unable to move. The dealer isn't getting much information from Toyota Canada.
Thanks. Glad to hear yours is already on the dock. Soon you will be able to enjoy your new ride. Cheers!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Winnipeg
21 XSE 7 seater AWD, celestial silver, no tech.
July 6 told factory order, $2000 deposit, signed factory order details form, arrived September 16.

Three families trying to get into it the day of pickup. 5km as didn't allow anyone to test drive and they called asking permission to fill the tank.

Very happy and would buy again tomorrow from the dealership. Here I come 22 Tundra.

Reactions: TW88COQ

·
Registered
157 Posts
Do we get deposit back in case if we decide to buy something else?
Good idea to leave as low deposit as possible if there's a remote chance you might bail out. Seems there's a high element of luck (or lottery) in the delivery timeframe, ranging from 6 months to 1 year, even the dealerships have no clue. Personally, I wouldn't put more than $500, I can live with walking away from that should I find something else in-stock.

1 - 20 of 987 Posts