Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
901 - 920 of 987 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I haven't heard anything from Orleans Toyota about migrating to 23 model year. Hoping for some kind of an update.

I did put my name on a list for the capstone sequoia just to see which i may get first haha. I am number 1 on the list but in a small town dealership outside of Ottawa.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Placed an order for a Limited last week with Milton Toyota. They said it's looking like 18 months so might end up with a MY2024.

Not in a particular rush so willing to wait; if things change I'll just get my deposit back.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Placed an order for a Limited last week with Milton Toyota. They said it's looking like 18 months so might end up with a MY2024.

Not in a particular rush so willing to wait; if things change I'll just get my deposit back.
With that long a wait, highly suggest you put down a refundable deposit at one or two other dealerships to hedge your bets.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Careful about putting multiple deposits as that may get you on Toyota's reseller list and hence they won't sell to you.

Perhaps it varies by dealership however was trying to help a friend recently and when suggested to get put a 2nd deposit they informed me that 2nd dealership asked if any other deposit and that multiple deposits not allowed.

As with anything with dealerships and manufacturers... YMMV.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Careful about putting multiple deposits as that may get you on Toyota's reseller list and hence they won't sell to you.

Perhaps it varies by dealership however was trying to help a friend recently and when suggested to get put a 2nd deposit they informed me that 2nd dealership asked if any other deposit and that multiple deposits not allowed.

Good point, I didn't think about that.

·
Registered
2 Posts

That's interesting. I was cross shopping against the Highlander Hybrid and the dealership was willing to take a deposit on both cars and sell me whichever one came in first.

I did consider putting another deposit down with Erin Park but ultimately decided against it as I'm in no rush.

·
Registered
2022 XSE AWD non-tech
83 Posts
Good point, I didn't think about that.
I tried to do the same when I was waiting for my XSE. The second dealer refused to take my deposit due to the "potential risk for the customer to sell the vehicle overseas", basically China.

However, I heard from my salesman that things have changed recently and there are fewer profits for ppl to sell cars overseas than locally, so that's why this summer I saw much more Gen 4 Sienna on the street.

For me, I put down another deposit right after I got mine for a limited ver, and they allowed it as it's a higher trim than my XSE.

901 - 920 of 987 Posts