Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
81 - 100 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
i just realized that the XSE non tech has no fog lights!,
i could have sworn i did the comparisons for tech and non tech,
and was pretty satisfied with the non tech, however i thought
i saw that fog lights come on both, which i really wanted...
dammit!.

·
Registered
21 Sienna AWD Plat Silver
880 Posts
Toyota was expecting dramatically more production in the last quarter, even more than same quarter last year. It was in news a week ago or so.. may be it will help all!

·
Registered
21 Sienna AWD Plat Silver
880 Posts
i just realized that the XSE non tech has no fog lights!,
i could have sworn i did the comparisons for tech and non tech,
and was pretty satisfied with the non tech, however i thought
i saw that fog lights come on both, which i really wanted...
dammit!.
Edit - Ignore what I said below. My bad. :(

IIRC, Fog lights are mandatory in Canada so all trims come with it. I remember reading it here somewhere earlier.

·
Registered
37 Posts
IIRC, Fog lights are mandatory in Canada so all trims come with it. I remember reading it here somewhere earlier.
thats interesting!, im hoping you are correct lol, but when looking at auto trader, i see some xse listings and based on the pics, i don't
see the fogs 😢

·
Registered
2022 XSE+TP AWD
156 Posts
Absolutely not, sorry. My 2019 LE does not have fog lights.

One of the reasons for me to get tech. package (not the 1st and not even the 2nd) was the fog lights. I guess, the whole XSE concept is about the cool factor, thus fog lights are a must.

On a side note, just went through this thread:

For well over $50k I'm getting cheap plastic covers instead of the rims? Really, Toyota? Now I'm on the fence about what to do:
1. Leave it as is (cost - $0).
2. To use the Plastidip (or another product, but can't find on amazon) - under $50.
3. Skip the whole 18" fiasco and get 20" ones. Sell OEM and buy rims and tires. It will cost way over the grand.

·
Registered
185 Posts
For well over $50k I'm getting cheap plastic covers instead of the rims? Really, Toyota? Now I'm on the fence about what to do:
1. Leave it as is (cost - $0).
2. To use the Plastidip (or another product, but can't find on amazon) - under $50.
3. Skip the whole 18" fiasco and get 20" ones. Sell OEM and buy rims and tires. It will cost way over the grand.
Do what some have already done on the site. get 20s for the summer. use the 18s for winter.

·
Registered
135 Posts
For well over $50k I'm getting cheap plastic covers instead of the rims? Really, Toyota?
If you really think about it, folks buying the Limited trim paying north of $68,000 are getting cheapo plastic wheel covers instead of the real thing

·
Registered
2022 XSE+TP AWD
156 Posts
Do what some have already done on the site. get 20s for the summer. use the 18s for winter.
If you really think about it, folks buying the Limited trim paying north of $68,000 are getting cheapo plastic wheel covers instead of the real thing
I was thinking to get nice 20' rims. But the accountant inside of me was very unhappy. Let's do the math: rims - starting from $1,500, rubber - at least $300 per wheel, thus $1,200 in total, plus TPMS sensors - another $300. $400 for HST plus installation of the rubber on the rims - another $150. All in all, it totals at $3,500 and change. The most optimistic price to sell OEM rims and rubber is $1,000. Thus, I'm on the hook for $2.5k.

I'm leaning towards to rip the plastic caps off and either to "Hyperdip" (name of the product) either to powder coat the rims. For sure, those OEMs are not something to write home about, but not that bad (with plastic off):

I have not decided that for sure, just thinking loudly I guess :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
I was thinking to get nice 20' rims. But the accountant inside of me was very unhappy. Let's do the math: rims - starting from $1,500, rubber - at least $300 per wheel, thus $1,200 in total, plus TPMS sensors - another $300. $400 for HST plus installation of the rubber on the rims - another $150. All in all, it totals at $3,500 and change. The most optimistic price to sell OEM rims and rubber is $1,000. Thus, I'm on the hook for $2.5k.

I'm leaning towards to rip the plastic caps off and either to "Hyperdip" (name of the product) either to powder coat the rims. For sure, those OEMs are not something to write home about, but not that bad (with plastic off):
Good point.
I forgot about the OEM set of tires. For me, I'm putting the OEM Sienna tires on my 2010 Acura RDX for summer. OE size for the RDX is 235/50/18, the OE Sienna is 235/55/18. So it's close enough that it works. And the tires I have on the RDX right now need to be replaced for next spring anyways. So in my case, I'm really spending an extra $500 or so to upgrade to 20s.

Here's my total:
factory 18 for winter and getting aftermarket 20 for summer.
$1200 tax incl. for 4 20" wheels
$1265 tax incl. for 4 245/50/20 tires
$100 install
$300 TPMS
$976 tax incl. for 4 235/55/18 winter tires installed
$3841 total
(extra set of OE Sienna tires to be used on my other car)

total if sticking with factory 18 for winter and getting aftermarket 18 for summer.
$976 tax incl. 4 235/55/18 winter tires installed
$985 tax incl. for 4 18" summer wheels
$100 install
$300 TPMS
$2361 total

You could get steelies, but that will run you around $500 anyways! Mind as well spend a bit more to make the car look better. You'll hate it when those steelies start rusting in 3 years.

·
Registered
2022 XSE+TP AWD
156 Posts
Good point.
I forgot about the OEM set of tires. For me, I'm putting the OEM Sienna tires on my 2010 Acura RDX for summer. OE size for the RDX is 235/50/18, the OE Sienna is 235/55/18. So it's close enough that it works. And the tires I have on the RDX right now need to be replaced for next spring anyways. So in my case, I'm really spending an extra $500 or so to upgrade to 20s.

Here's my total:
factory 18 for winter and getting aftermarket 20 for summer.
$1200 tax incl. for 4 20" wheels
$1265 tax incl. for 4 245/50/20 tires
$100 install
$300 TPMS
$976 tax incl. for 4 235/55/18 winter tires installed
$3841 total
(extra set of OE Sienna tires to be used on my other car)

total if sticking with factory 18 for winter and getting aftermarket 18 for summer.
$976 tax incl. 4 235/55/18 winter tires installed
$985 tax incl. for 4 18" summer wheels
$100 install
$300 TPMS
$2361 total

You could get steelies, but that will run you around $500 anyways! Mind as well spend a bit more to make the car look better. You'll hate it when those steelies start rusting in 3 years.
Your situation is different. You have another vehicle to place your 18" tires on. Not my case.

Which 20' rims did you choose?

From $$$ perspective, $2.5k out of pocket is a bit too much in my mind. I'll spare that cash for something else.

For the winner tires - last year I bought the 17" set for my current Sienna. During the course of last winter, I put 2k km only on them. Thus, I decided to get good 17" rims recently. I'll put them on this Thursday and once I'll get a new Sienna, I'll flip them there. Thus, I'm stuck with 18" for summer... That's sux, but it is what it is. Once these 18' tires will be done, I'll think about what to do next.

And yes - steelies are starting to rust the moment you left the shop. No way around that. Looks ugly (disgusting I would say) the very first winter. Not using them now and have no plans in that regard..

Reactions: bluetroll

·
Registered
37 Posts
lets say you wanted to plastidip those stock "rims", do you really have to remove the caps to expose the alloy before doing so?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Your situation is different. You have another vehicle to place your 18" tires on. Not my case.

Which 20' rims did you choose?

From $$$ perspective, $2.5k out of pocket is a bit too much in my mind. I'll spare that cash for something else.

For the winner tires - last year I bought the 17" set for my current Sienna. During the course of last winter, I put 2k km only on them. Thus, I decided to get good 17" rims recently. I'll put them on this Thursday and once I'll get a new Sienna, I'll flip them there. Thus, I'm stuck with 18" for summer... That's sux, but it is what it is. Once these 18' tires will be done, I'll think about what to do next.

And yes - steelies are starting to rust the moment you left the shop. No way around that. Looks ugly (disgusting I would say) the very first winter. Not using them now and have no plans in that regard..
Oh ok. that makes sense then. don't spend that money. You might be able to find a used 5x114.3 18" set from a RAV4, Venza or Camry.

I have a set of 20" Fast FC04 in titanium that have been sitting in the living room since July. 😢

LOL, we're making all these decisions and don't even have the van yet!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Today we contacted several dealers in the Lower Mainland and nobody had a Sienna available to test drive. Apparently no dealer in Canada has one for test drives according to one of them. The dealers said to come in and put in a pre-order. We're mainly interested in the 2022 Limited which has a 6-9 month wait. Not sure if we want to pre-order one without test driving it though but might just have to bite the bullet and do it.

·
Registered
2022 XSE+TP AWD
156 Posts
lets say you wanted to plastidip those stock "rims", do you really have to remove the caps to expose the alloy before doing so?
Having the conversation on that with @Arximus. He left the caps on and sprayed the "Hyperdip" (newer and I guess a better product than plastidip) in a few layers. I do realize that I'm not getting the 20" rims, but at least I'm getting better-looking black 18" rims for around CAD100. Not ideal, but oh well... My inside accountant is happy lol

Oh ok. that makes sense then. don't spend that money. You might be able to find a used 5x114.3 18" set from a RAV4, Venza or Camry.

I have a set of 20" Fast FC04 in titanium that have been sitting in the living room since July. 😢

LOL, we're making all these decisions and don't even have the van yet!
Like the whole move with 20" rims and spending $2.5k... I don't know... It just does not feel right. I do realize that buying a new van kinda "requires" to spend a bit (or quite a bit - in my case) cash on top of MSRP. But really? Do I really need that right now? On that note tho, I already looking at Kijiji for 20" and 18" rims. Sometimes you can get lucky and strike a great deal. Like this summer I've got pretty much brand new rims for my older 2016 Sonata from 2021 Santa Fe for just $100. Can't complain lol.

Fast FC04 are gorgeous and are among two other types I was thinking to buy. Great choice! For the winter, I ordered these rims:
Very similar in look to FC04 and had a hard time choosing which ones should I get.

However, you gotta do 2 things:
1. Load index. Please ensure that the load index is 1,700lb or higher. Our vehicles are heavy and negligence might cost you.

2. Get the ring to reduce the borehole from 72 (rims) to 60mm (Toyota hub). Do not allow the wheel to sit on the studs only. That was the final deciding factor for me to get those rims, coz they are hub-centric.

Oh well... I guess - we all here need to learn how to be patient lol. I still can't come across why I can't come to the dealership and drive back home on the new van. Crazy times we are living, gents.

Today we contacted several dealers in the Lower Mainland and nobody had a Sienna available to test drive. Apparently no dealer in Canada has one for test drives according to one of them. The dealers said to come in and put in a pre-order. We're mainly interested in the 2022 Limited which has a 6-9 month wait. Not sure if we want to pre-order one without test driving it though but might just have to bite the bullet and do it.
BS, sorry for my bad French. There are vehicles in Canada for test driving. I test drove XSE FWD before I signed the papers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Having the conversation on that with @Arximus. He left the caps on and sprayed the "Hyperdip" (newer and I guess a better product than plastidip) in a few layers. I do realize that I'm not getting the 20" rims, but at least I'm getting better-looking black 18" rims for around CAD100. Not ideal, but oh well... My inside accountant is happy lol
Ok im on the exact same boat as you, i don't really want to dish out more money, as the wife will probably give me some look... but i really wanted black gloss rims on the white xse. i guess this
is the most economical route.
keep me posted on if you decide to do the hyperdip and the process.
Did @Arximus just spray the front of the rim, or was the whole rim removed and also sprayed
on the inside of the rim?

·
Registered
2022 XSE+TP AWD
156 Posts
Ok im on the exact same boat as you, i don't really want to dish out more money, as the wife will probably give me some look... but i really wanted black gloss rims on the white xse. i guess this
is the most economical route.
keep me posted on if you decide to do the hyperdip and the process.
Did @Arximus just spray the front of the rim, or was the whole rim removed and also sprayed
on the inside of the rim?
I can justify for myself the necessity for me to spend an extra $5.5k to get the technology package. But the half of that amount for the rims? No, thank you. What would help me to get 20' rims is if Toyota would put a [email protected] rubber on OEM rims. But damn, Toyota put great tires on those rims lol. So, I'm out of luck.

That's exactly what I want - glossy black on a white van. I will keep you in the loop. Probably, I will even make a topic with pics on the whole process - from the very beginning till the finished product. That would help others to save quite a few coins - if they wish.

From what I understood, @Arximus just spray the front of the rim. Looks good to me.

I'm thinking to install 3M paint protective film on the hood and the roof. Rock chips are the thing in the area I'm living. But would be my later spring-early summer DIY project. Can't find the film wider than 12', but I'm working on that.

Reactions: THETALLGUY

·
Registered
37 Posts
I can justify for myself the necessity for me to spend an extra $5.5k to get the technology package. But the half of that amount for the rims? No, thank you. What would help me to get 20' rims is if Toyota would put a [email protected] rubber on OEM rims. But damn, Toyota put great tires on those rims lol. So, I'm out of luck.

That's exactly what I want - glossy black on a white van. I will keep you in the loop. Probably, I will even make a topic with pics on the whole process - from the very beginning till the finished product. That would help others to save quite a few coins - if they wish.

From what I understood, @Arximus just spray the front of the rim. Looks good to me.

I'm thinking to install 3M paint protective film on the hood and the roof. Rock chips are the thing in the area I'm living. But would be my later spring-early summer DIY project. Can't find the film wider than 12', but I'm working on that.
sounds good man!
i also want to wrap the roof a glossy black,
trying to source in the GTA to do that along with the chrome delete.
here i am talking about all of this but yet won't get the van after the new year! LOL

81 - 100 of 239 Posts