Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
101 - 120 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
BS, sorry for my bad French. There are vehicles in Canada for test driving. I test drove XSE FWD before I signed the papers.

Actually not the case in the lower Mainland. There was one at Destination Toyota but it was sold. The vans are almost impossible to find sitting at a dealer that isn't a customer's.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Actually not the case in the lower Mainland. There was one at Destination Toyota but it was sold. The vans are almost impossible to find sitting at a dealer that isn't a customer's.
You should be able to find dealers with the base LE trim that isn't in high demand for demo (test driving). I just test drove an LE AWD last week, here in Ottawa (Ontario)

·
Registered
24 Posts
You should be able to find dealers with the base LE trim that isn't in high demand for demo (test driving). I just test drove an LE AWD last week, here in Ottawa (Ontario)
Not in the Lower Mainland. Vehicles are sold before they are made. Most dealers have a pretty long wait list.

·
Registered
2022 XSE+TP AWD
156 Posts
sounds good man!
i also want to wrap the roof a glossy black,
trying to source in the GTA to do that along with the chrome delete.
here i am talking about all of this but yet won't get the van after the new year! LOL
Regarding wrapping the roof. Are you that's a good idea? It's getting in GTA, you know :)

How long for you to wait? January/February? You ordered in July (at least), thus by now, I would expect you to drive the thing.

If you'll be in Ontario, I would be able to help. Sorry...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Regarding wrapping the roof. Are you that's a good idea? It's getting in GTA, you know :)

How long for you to wait? January/February? You ordered in July (at least), thus by now, I would expect you to drive the thing.

If you'll be in Ontario, I would be able to help. Sorry...
would consider it after the new year when the weather is nicer.
i just literally put the order in on oct 23 lol so i won't be getting it until months after
the new year.

·
Registered
2022 XSE+TP AWD
156 Posts
would consider it after the new year when the weather is nicer.
i just literally put the order in on oct 23 lol so i won't be getting it until months after
the new year.
Oh, so you're just 10 days behind me. I'm not sure about the GTA area, but a few hundred clicks up north and I've been told "3-4 months". Let's wait and see. In a week's time, I should know the manufacturing date (that's what the sales person told me). CUrious to see.

Reactions: THETALLGUY

·
Registered
53 Posts

This video sheds some light on things. If you're short on time, fast forward to around 11:00, that's when he starts talking about hybrid models specifically. The rest of the video is useful for understanding all of the potential ways a dealer can get a vehicle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just followed up with my sales rep this afternoon regarding the status of my order. He told me that AWD isn't included in Dec & Jan. production schedule, so it's going to be a long wait for anyone who ordered AWD model. 😔

Picking up a 2022 XSE AWD Technology midnight black this Friday in Edmonton. Paid MSRP plus some upgrades but it was the only dealer that could get one for me without waiting several months. Getting the comfort + complete put in with the cabin heater, protection film, winter tires.

Bought a set of black alloys for the summer tires... I am hoping to find a way to take the chrome plastic covers off the stock rims and maybe powder coat the stock rims to black if I can find a pro to do it.

·
Registered
2022 XSE+TP AWD
156 Posts
Picking up a 2022 XSE AWD Technology midnight black this Friday in Edmonton. Paid MSRP plus some upgrades but it was the only dealer that could get one for me without waiting several months. Getting the comfort + complete put in with the cabin heater, protection film, winter tires.

Bought a set of black alloys for the summer tires... I am hoping to find a way to take the chrome plastic covers off the stock rims and maybe powder coat the stock rims to black if I can find a pro to do it.
Congrats, man (y)

I'm planning to do some "Hyperdip" (rubber coating) the rims when I'll get my vehicle. No need to get the tires off.

·
Registered
2022 XSE+TP AWD
156 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Alright, we went to a Toyota dealer this morning and, not surprisingly, they had no Sienna's on the lot. I asked to test drive another hybrid vehicle to get a feel for the hybrid powertrain but they had zero new vehicles. Regardless, we placed an order for a 2022 Limited AWD. Apparently Toyota will only manufacture vehicles based on customer orders submitted by the dealers. The sales rep stated the wait time would be 3-6 months but I seriously doubt that as all the other dealers were saying 6-9 months.

Initially they asked for a non-refundable deposit of $500-$1,000 but I asked them to write in the agreement an expected delivery date of 6 months and if the date passed the deposit would be considered refundable. In the end the sales rep dropped the deposit requirement altogether because they "know they will sell this vehicle to any customer" should we back out of the deal. Felt kind of weird not putting a deposit down but we signed a quote and left. When the vehicle is in they will contact us.

One interesting thing the sales rep said was if we had a "good" trade-in then the Sienna might be here sooner. We didn't have anything to trade-in but it sounds like customers with quality trade-in's will get priority on vehicles that are promised to other customers. I asked what "good" meant and it was anything 2015 and newer and under 200,000km.

Let the wait the begin.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Alright, we went to a Toyota dealer this morning and, not surprisingly, they had no Sienna's on the lot. I asked to test drive another hybrid vehicle to get a feel for the hybrid powertrain but they had zero new vehicles. Regardless, we placed an order for a 2022 Limited AWD. Apparently Toyota will only manufacture vehicles based on customer orders submitted by the dealers. The sales rep stated the wait time would be 3-6 months but I seriously doubt that as all the other dealers were saying 6-9 months.

Initially they asked for a non-refundable deposit of $500-$1,000 but I asked them to write in the agreement an expected delivery date of 6 months and if the date passed the deposit would be considered refundable. In the end the sales rep dropped the deposit requirement altogether because they "know they will sell this vehicle to any customer" should we back out of the deal. Felt kind of weird not putting a deposit down but we signed a quote and left. When the vehicle is in they will contact us.

One interesting thing the sales rep said was if we had a "good" trade-in then the Sienna might be here sooner. We didn't have anything to trade-in but it sounds like customers with quality trade-in's will get priority on vehicles that are promised to other customers. I asked what "good" meant and it was anything 2015 and newer and under 200,000km.

Let the wait the begin.
Welcome to the waiting family in Canada lol.

I would not surprised if you have any trade-in then it will be faster. You know you can easily sell your "good" car on today's market within days but at least 30% higher than to trade-in to a dealer right? In other words, this is another way you pay more for your new Sienna, then you should have the right to ask for a quicker delivery. We also don't have any car to trade-in, and not will too, so...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Test drove the Sienna and Highlander at Destination Toyota yesterday. The two vehicles on the right in the photo.
Automotive parking light Cloud Car Tire Land vehicle

101 - 120 of 235 Posts