Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

waiting time in Canada (please share)

301K views 2K replies 192 participants last post by  zither99 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello,

I placed an order for 2021 AWD Limited in early July in BC and I am still waiting for the call from the dealer.

Could you please share the waiting time in Canada?

Thanks in advance!

#6 ·
Placed a deposit July 17 on an XLE. Was told it would be here today. It has been sitting in storage area awaiting an inspection and a vin number. Might get it sometime in the next week's. Have been given the explanation of staff shortages with port employees, inspection employees, truck drivers and dealer employees. It can be frustrating but out of your control.

#19 · (Edited)
Winnipeg
21 XSE 7 seater AWD, celestial silver, no tech.
July 6 told factory order, $2000 deposit, signed factory order details form, arrived September 16.

Three families trying to get into it the day of pickup. 5km as didn't allow anyone to test drive and they called asking permission to fill the tank.

Very happy and would buy again tomorrow from the dealership. Here I come 22 Tundra.

#24 ·
I just checked inventory. XSE FWD non tech. I really like the red colour though.
The thing is, if you're spending $50+k on a van, you mind as well spend the $2k for the AWD. With basically a zero impact on fuel economy, it's really a no brainer if you live anywhere with snow.

#31 ·
I ordered in Vancouver in May. Blue XLE awd. Since there won't be an XLE awd in 2022 I switched up to the Limited. Seem like Blue has longer wait times based on responses on here. I was offered some awd XSE's in black in the meantime but I'd rather not get the XSE trim.

#33 ·
Our XSE celestial silver manufactured date is 8/21. We put a deposit down on Sept 20 with our dealer and they found it the following day. Apparently silver was the easiest to find and although I wasn't too thrilled about the color, now I think silver with black 20's is the nicest in all shades IMHO. Dealer told us that we had the fastest Sienna transaction order they had.

#35 ·
Placed the order on 2022 XSE AWD plus technology package last week. Being told it will take 3-4 months to get the vehicle.

Another piece of the information from the dealer. They said that Toyota is catching up and ramping up the production. They said that there's a slim chance to get the van as a Christmas gift. I'm not holding a breath on that tho.

#41 ·
Signed GTA Bill of Sale mid Aug on an XLE FWD 8 Passenger. Only option is wind chill pearl paint. Dealer called with forecast of Early to mid Nov from Toyota pipeline summary. Status says in production in Indiana. Same as the original 2-3month delivery estimate.

#44 ·
put a deposit down for a 2021 (2022 now) Grey XSE AWD at the beginning of June at a supposedly high volume dealership in the GVRD area, still no news. My buddy works at that dealership as a tech, and he told me on Sept 22 that 3 Sienna's just arrived, but it was the first SIenna's he's seen in probably 2 months.

#46 ·
I saw many Sienna's sitting in Delta on Annacis Island. I think quite a few were shipped with parts missing to be installed when they become available. Frustrating but life I guess. I have a Temp Vin on a van that has been sitting since the middle of the month with Delivery expected Nov 20

#62 ·
Any buy at MSRP right now is a good deal. I just saw a used 2021 XLE FWD (8 SEATS) at 7,700KM at Autotrader, asking price of $62,990 pus Ontario provincial taxes. Brand new, it went for $42,990. That's a huge markup for a used vehicle!