Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2015 Sienna with 78000 miles on it. I think I will keep it for another 5 years. I was wondering if anyone has experience with any extended warranty companies. I see CarShield advertising on tv a lot.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Too old and too many miles, I don't think anyone will cover it. I had a 7 yr Toyota warranty and asked about extending it at the 6 year point and they would not do it. I have seen a lot of complaints about 3rd party warranty service and had a big problem myself with one.

Keep the service up to date and drive nice and it probably won't need anything major.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you are worried about a warranty for a car that old......the best way is to put a set amount of $$ aside every month. Maybe $50-$100. You would be paying at least that amount for a conventional warranty plan anyway.

Why not keep/save up that money for yourself and use it if/when your van needs fixing? Rather than give it to a 3rd party, for profit, warranty company. (Who will no doubt try to squirm their way out of coverage should anything actually need to be fixed.)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
Too old for a warranty, not too old for a Toyota. My old 2013 4Runner had a 7 year warranty that expired unused. No problems, no repairs.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mines 11 years old. I really dont think it needs one . The vehicles these days are very good with toyota being at the tops in reliability year after year. It is why I bought one. Got alot of flak initially for not "buying american". But it was used at least (2 years old at the time).

·
Registered
155 Posts
I think I saw an article that stated the Sienna was 73% American sourced parts, one of the highest percentages and above some all American vehicles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts