Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome siennachat.com supporters.

Thank You for your donations. It will help greatly improve siennachat as well as keep the site up and running. You are now included in Sienna Insider, an exclusive supporter section with special insight into additional maintenance references for your sienna.

If you don't seen a particular TSB here, please post a request in the TSB / Tech Info Request section with your Make, Year, Model & Package #, your tech info description request also.

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
Welcome supporters!! Thank-you for your help. As siennaclub.org went down "WE" needed a new site. DAVID started the new site. People had alot of time invested into the old site just to have the lights turned off. DAVID started siennachat.com and guys/gals started signing up. It grew and grew fast!! This site is only just over 1 month old but it cost money to run the site. As things grew so did the cost of the servers.

If we stick together we can prevent what has happened in the past and move forward but we need help. We as supporters make a difference here.(yes i am not on the list yet as there are some behind the sceens that im working on). If it grows and i think it will, we will all benefit from it.

ROB

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
From post #1, I understood that TSB section will be moved here, am I right?

Whether I am right or wrong, I think this is a good idea. Due to some reasons, other sites treat TSBs with "extra care".

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Kolkh,

I agree TSBs should be moved and made special but there is one concern. Our friend Topspy is not yet an supporter but has been contributing a lot of tsbs. However we have mechanic on the board, any supporter which is needing or looking for a particular tsb can post a request. We'll try to find the relevant tsb or service instruction for them.

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
sienna said:
Hi Kolkh,

I agree TSBs should be moved and made special but there is one concern. Our friend Topspy is not yet an supporter but has been contributing a lot of tsbs. However we have a Toyota Master Techs on the board, any supporter which is needing or looking for a particular tsb can post a request. We'll try to find the relevant tsb or service instruction for them.
Heh, heh.....I knew there was a reason why my "ears were ringing/itchy". Y'All been talking 'bout me.... ;->

I'm pretty much fresh out of the old TSBs that I had thought to dload randomly from the old site. I still hv to dig around a bit more to see if I hv any other pertinent documents........MAN I wish I had more, but always thought I could just refer back there. ~sigh~

Anyway....yeah, it would be a good way to get people to donate even $10 if you limited access to these somehow. However, I think it would be good to provide some sort of a sample or "teaser" or limited selection or partial access or something like that because if you completely lock it down then nobody will know what they are actually missing.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
topspy said:
sienna said:
Hi Kolkh,

I agree TSBs should be moved and made special but there is one concern. Our friend Topspy is not yet an supporter but has been contributing a lot of tsbs. However we have a Toyota Master Techs on the board, any supporter which is needing or looking for a particular tsb can post a request. We'll try to find the relevant tsb or service instruction for them.
Heh, heh.....I knew there was a reason why my "ears were ringing/itchy". Y'All been talking 'bout me.... ;->
...well, now I am in trouble -- ended up in between two members with red badges! Heh, heh...

Congratulations topspy with becoming siennaclub.com supporter and getting a big water gun (this info is from robo5's confession after he joined the Admin Platoon).

As to TSBs, I could post a few more, but ...waiting for a decision "to move or not to move" the TSB forum.

I would mention a few aspects:
- due to some reasons ( which I do not want to speculate about) other auto sites were keeping TSBs in a far corner or removing them completely. It might be a good idea to join their policy. Personally, I will be fine with any decision - I could have pinned them to a Toyota dealership door somewhere in Toronto or Montreal, they would not care - these are TB for the U.S. market.... :)
- "To tease", we can easily point out to non-supporters that a list of TSBs exists here. It was done previously with respect to Repair Manual, which was kept in a supporter section of the other site; my guess, ed724 was hosting the Manual. The Manual was a partial cause for me to joint that supporter club, and I used that cause to convince others.
- If TSBs are removed, the Admin Platoon may face a decision weather to allow members to post other or same TSBs in the open forums.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm thinking the "ed" idea. I have ftp hosting for siennachat. siennachat currently has a virtual hosting presence, somewhat of your own dedicated machine.

tell me more about how Ed hosted the repair manual?

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
[ed724] is a member here (hopefully the same person). I looked at his "stats" and it appears that he is not officially logged-in too often. His e-mail is listed, so maybe it would be better to send him a direct e-mail...

From what I remember, the site was not up for long and encountered problems. There was a login password given to paying members (same password for everyone).

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I been busy the last few days trying to setup my own business website and business is slow on my end so I am going to do some work on siennachat.com too.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
topspy said:
From what I remember, the site was not up for long and encountered problems. There was a login password given to paying members (same password for everyone).
That is correct!

However, total size of these files is about 50 Mb. I suspect that nowadays we can say "it is just 50Mb", not "OMG! it is huge - more than 49,000,000 bytes!!!"

I am not sure a complicated scheme is needed if hosting computer can tolerate approach/trafic based on direct link to the file and a simple download.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Hello there,

I was wondering about the different tiers/levels for donating members. Does the higher tier allow you more access to other topics?

Also, are the tiers cummulative? Say, if a few months later I donate more, would by status go up...to perhaps eventually to a lifetime member?

BTW, great job on the site.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jh818, thank you for your donation.

there is only one member status "supporter", In order for me to list some donation amounts..I had to somehow name them so i naturally picked a few easy names (gold, silver, etc). Most information here is made available to the general public, the sienna supporters have access to "Sienna Insider" which contains some Technical Service Updates, Some service manuals and other hard to find documentation on fixing or improving your sienna's performance/life cycle durability)

any amount of donation is received with great apperciation and thanks. The donation funds 100% go towards paying for the internet service provider, future forum software (vbulletin) and other costs related to keeping the site going.

this site doesn't have any commercial advertisements and it's only possible because of good folks like you donating. The donations go a long way, costs are minimal on the forum. I really don't like how other forums are run where it's "commercial" and loaded with advertisements.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts