Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any issues with water influltration in the rear? I was putting stuff in the trunk yesterday and noticed the rear right corner (and all the crap I had there) was soaked. I couldn't find any obvious signs of where water got in from above or below, and it doesn't smell weird or anything. I wonder if someone dropped a water bottle. The annoying part is I park on the street and don't really have anywhere to dry it as it's winter and I live in Chicago. On Monday I'll park it inside at my office and try to dry it out then see if it gets wet again. But just wondering if someone has dealt with something similar.

Brendan

· Registered
1,431 Posts
Sometimes sitting in the trunk with your feet dangling out causes the seals around the perimeter to unseat themselves. An easy first test would be to use your fingers and make sure that’s pushed in properly all the way around (assuming it’s not just a kids water bottle with a loose lid rolling around back there).

· Registered
104 Posts
Looks like a plug missing? The way the gray sealant surrounds the hole, it looks like that plug was missing at the factory when the sealant was applied. How did that get missed? Time to go to the dealer and deal with the hassle of warranty repair for the plug, and more importantly new material.

· Registered
21 Sienna AWD Plat Silver
1,356 Posts
I can only go by the 100s of other posts I’ve seen saying they love their LE bc it lacks a moonroof. Maybe all of them were wrong or lying, but seems unlikely
For those who do have a sunroof, might I suggest pouring some warm water or compressed air thru all sunroof drains a couple of times a year? It could save you thousands in repairs. I am looking at one such bill on my other car right now.

· Registered
2020 Sienna LE
441 Posts
I had the same issue on my 2009. It was letting dust in though, not water. I had a hard time finding the matching plug too. I ended up getting a slightly undersized plug and taping it to seal out the dust. It was very aggravating. My jack area was covered in a layer of dust.
Pretty sure the 10 digit part number is stamped right on the grommet. If you ever want to get the correct one go to the other side of the vehicle and find the same one, look for the number, test fit to make sure, then you should be good to order the correct one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts