Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
06 Sienna FWD, 08 Sienna AWD
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

What resources are y'all currently using for repair information, service manuals, TSBs, etc.? I've been using ALLDATAdiy for over a decade and a half now, but they're more than quadrupling their pricing with their recent website update, and so I'm looking for a different option for when my subscription eventually expires.

- G

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have found a lot of helpful information on Toyota Sienna owners & service manuals, user guides . It seems to be for the 2007-2010 (2GR-FE engine).
Thanks!

There have been times that I've found tsienna.net easier to use than ALLDATAdiy. It's harder to navigate on the site itself, but by using Google or DuckDuckGo I can pretty effectively search it. ALLDATAdiy's search feature is quite limited.

- G

·
Registered
2006 LE
1,750 Posts
Believe it or not , most if not all my repairs and preventative maintenance are done with watching youtube and collecting necessary info from google , this forum and similar and sometimes autozone. I have not in 15 years consulted any kind of repair manual at all. There is a wealth of information out there

·
Registered
148 Posts
Believe it or not , most if not all my repairs and preventative maintenance are done with watching youtube and collecting necessary info from google and sometimes autozone. I have not in 15 years consulted any kind of repair manual at all. There is a wealth of information out there
The same experience for me! Even for the other car that needs a lot of work, YouTube and the like is much easier to follow than the official repair manual that I have.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The same experience for me! Even for the other car that needs a lot of work, YouTube and the like is much easier to follow than the official repair manual that I have.
Yeah, when I swapped out our 2008's engine 2½ years ago, I benefited the most from a couple of YouTube videos from someone who had done the exact same job. :)

That said, I wouldn't have been able to complete the job well without the service manual. Too many fine details like timing cover sealing instructions (which is an amazingly detailed procedure). (I re-sealed the replacement engine's timing cover before installing it)

- G

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is anyone here using Mitchell1 DIY? I'm just curious how it compares to ALLDATA's product; it is far cheaper than ALLDATAdiy's current pricing ($45 for 4 years vs $130 for 3 years). Mitchell is ALLDATA's main competitor in the repair shop industry.

- G

·
Registered
682 Posts
Youtube, google and 30 years of shadetree mechanic work. Originally, I started with Chilton/Haynes manuals, which used to be full-detail repair guides. Somewhere in the late 90s, those became "Car Care Guides" which were little more than glorified owners manuals. After that, I started going it alone, more or less. In the early 2000s, I started using vehicle-specific forums like this one to cover the vehicles I owned. When my wife got a 3-series BMW (in 2005), I entered the world of advanced DIY because they need a LOT of work and, when she was "in charge" of caring for it, we were paying $3-5k per year for maintenance/repairs. That's when I discovered that basically any repair you could ever want to do on any year/make/model combination has been done and recorded and described in great detail on YouTube.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts