Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 20 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be a nice thing to post what we do to our Sienna's on a daily basis.

I bought my Sienna SE Super White on 2/8/2014 at Culver City Toyota.

Today, I upgraded my trunk light to hyper white. Pictures to follow.

Thank you all.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Last week I ordered some fog light and going to add it to my 07 LE.

Yesterday I ordered a new set of 17" rim and tires (currently in stock 16" alloy). Should be here next week :)

Now, looking for brake parts. Still not sure what I should get. Both my rear calipers are rusty and L side is stuck currently :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am trying to install swivel mount on the middle row seat for my 08 sienna, partly for the changing to rear facing to a growing toddler, second for camping.
I have taken out the seat and disabled it, but it is more complicated than I thought.
Has anybody able to add swivel or change their middle row seat to face rear (similar to town and country) if so please share.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I replaced all the interior lights to led and the fog lights as well on my 04 xle limited. Interior lights came out nice but the fog lights are too blue and does not look good with white HIDs. Sucks since I spent $40 on them, they would probably look better if it wasn't for that shield, I will look into removing the shield. I have some 18s form a rx330 but since my oem 17s have new tires I will hold off on that. next will be to replace reverse and possibly tail lights to led as well as DRLs. Will post pics when complete with light mods.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Grandmama, I am planning to do the fog lights project on my 06 sienna CE as same as what you have done. Could you please tell me how was your experience regarding this installation? Many thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Hi Grandmama, I am planning to do the fog lights project on my 06 sienna CE as same as what you have done. Could you please tell me how was your experience regarding this installation? Many thanks in advanced.
If you read the DIY, you should be ok
http://www.siennachat.com/forum/201-mods-projects/143458-headlights-fog-light-upgrade-recommendation-3.html

I can say the only "challenge" I had was to put the foglight in place. The light is secured by just a couple tabs from the bumper itself. So you really need to push it hard to make sure the light is secured. That's the hardest part for me. Otherwise, pretty simple. But if you have CE, I am not sure it has wiring there already. You can check the wire coming out from your headlight to see if there is a plug there. If not, you may need to think of another way.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you read the DIY, you should be ok
http://www.siennachat.com/forum/201-mods-projects/143458-headlights-fog-light-upgrade-recommendation-3.html

I can say the only "challenge" I had was to put the foglight in place. The light is secured by just a couple tabs from the bumper itself. So you really need to push it hard to make sure the light is secured. That's the hardest part for me. Otherwise, pretty simple. But if you have CE, I am not sure it has wiring there already. You can check the wire coming out from your headlight to see if there is a plug there. If not, you may need to think of another way.
Hi Grandmama, thanks for sharing the link, I have checked there's wire with plug close to each blankoff cover, now I can go further to prepp the rest of stuffs. Thanks again!

·
Registered
6 Posts
2015-04-18.jpg 1429383892511.jpg Installed an Alpine head unit with bluetooth and Sirius XM ready (also included the antenna). I purchased everything for just a tad over $200 on Amazon to include the wiring harness and dash kit. Purchased this 2008 Toyota Sienna CE back in April-ish and installed this in May. Ran the microphone wiring tucked behind the headliner, then down through the right A-pillar and dash then back behind the glove box. Ran the cable for the Sirius satellite antenna down the the exterior right A-pillar between the pillar and window rubber seal then between the door and dash out of sight and back behind glove box as well. It worked out great. My first time actually trying to do a clean install on a car stereo as I haven't done one since the late 90's. Watched several vids from professional installation sites on how they run wiring for these types of things. The head unit only shows as being Apple compatible but it works just fine with my Samsung GS5. The only thing I can't do is use the voice dial button which is located above the blue source/power button. Went with a single din to save money.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Friday mine just rolled over too 108k, so my warranty is over. I am happy but sad about it. So Soon will be doing some mods, not sure what will be first.

·
Registered
57 Posts
bought my 2005 Sienna LE on 9/4/15.

so far have only put the kids car seats in.
lots of potential mods and work planned, we will see how far i get... but the only thing i have done so far is ordered up a full set of HIR bulbs.

1 - 20 of 235 Posts