Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

221 - 240 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Finally hardwired my dash cam and will be changing the power steering fluid with full synthetic. Any issues with dexron 6 when there manual for my 2008 calls for dexron III?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Finally hardwired my dash cam and will be changing the power steering fluid with full synthetic. Any issues with dexron 6 when there manual for my 2008 calls for dexron III?
Did you pull the headliner to run the wires or did you surface mount it to the dash? I am getting a replacement back up camera from the seller as the one I installed keeps blinking. It was a cheapie and had to be wired which I don't mind.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Did you pull the headliner to run the wires or did you surface mount it to the dash? I am getting a replacement back up camera from the seller as the one I installed keeps blinking. It was a cheapie and had to be wired which I don't mind.
I have a Valvoline full synthetic with the blue bottle that says dexron 2 to 6 comparability I believe.

As for the hardwiring, I didn't have to pull the headliner. There was enough room to stick the wires between the windshield and the headliner. I ran the wires through some adhesive wire clips. The wires then went down to the fuse box! Looks great and factory

·
Registered
687 Posts
If you guys are ever in S. Fl ( Miami) hit me up for for a brew!
I was thinking that at some point we should get the Sienna campers together and meet up at a campground somewhere.

-Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
247 Posts
Freshly washed with some fresh new wheels.
Good to see a fellow Middletown resident in the forum! With the Washington plate, how is it driving around and having to stop at all the border-crossing sites?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just changed my coolant last night while the kids were asleep and the wife was watching her tv shows. Heater works, car didn't overheat on a drive, and the coolant level in the reservoir dropped a bit overnight. I'll keep an eye on the coolant level for a while but sounds like it was a success.

All fluids except brake fluid are done. I'll do that with my next oil change!

·
110 Posts
Today Apr 29 2020 I installed an inexpensive back up camera system. The primary purpose is to see if there are objects ( shopping carts?) or people before reversing. The install went well and I was able to see what is behind the various panels that I had to remove. There were quite a few unconnected cable ends as mine is an LE. I saw to the rear what appears to connections for vans equipped with the jbl subwoofer. But here is one that peaked my interest. It is on the left side near the left speaker , by the sliding door. It is pointed out with the yellow plastic tool. this seems to be in line with a circular cap about an inch and a half in diameter and is to the upper left of the speaker as shown. Any one knows what this is? View attachment 46024 View attachment 46023
Not sure but that may be the connection for an A/V input adapter which has three RCA inputs, 1 for audio and two for sound. I don't have this in my 2008 LE but I see a reference to it in the manual.

221 - 240 of 246 Posts