Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

741 - 760 of 798 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Added much needed light to the inside of the center console.

Console_Inside_light.jpg

If you are interested in doing this, follow this you tube vid............... Remove Center Console Latch to remove the cup-holder, the front plastic trim and unplug the Led connector, take any LED with around 6 inches of wire, stick it to the underside (at 5:00 in the vid) and wire it up to the console Led - Green (-ve), Yellow (+ve). The led will now light up whenever the interior lights are turned on.

If you want to be more creative, you can use a small pressure switch and wire it to unswitched power.

BTW, if you ever have trouble with the center console latch failing to close, the part# mentioned in that vid is 58802-08011. Good to know that you don't need to buy an entire new console

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Added much needed light to the inside of the center console.

View attachment 45481

If you are interested in doing this, follow this you tube vid............... Remove Center Console Latch to remove the cup-holder, the front plastic trim and unplug the Led connector, take any LED with around 6 inches of wire, stick it to the underside (at 5:00 in the vid) and wire it up to the console Led - Green (-ve), Yellow (+ve). The led will now light up whenever the interior lights are turned on.

If you want to be more creative, you can use a small pressure switch and wire it to unswitched power.

BTW, if you ever have trouble with the center console latch failing to close, the part# mentioned in that vid is 58802-08011. Good to know that you don't need to buy an entire new console
That is also where I tapped my glovebox lighting mod here. Glove box lighting mod

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Did you also do a footwell light? Interested in where you got power- I’d rather not go all the way to the roof to tap the ambient lighting feed.

2020 Ltd Premium, Alumina Jade Metallic
No foot well lighting. Got the power from the center console as stated in post #745. Watch the video link given by sbihue in post #744. You may use that same power source for foot well lighting.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Did you also do a footwell light? Interested in where you got power- I’d rather not go all the way to the roof to tap the ambient lighting feed.

2020 Ltd Premium, Alumina Jade Metallic

The LED strips are $10 on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2UmZ3FG
The square COBs I used for the footwell are $12/4-pack: https://amzn.to/2vMWh2t

·
Registered
43 Posts
194s from super bright LEDs came in. A lot cleaner white light on the interior. Never had a complaint about anything they sell.

Pics maybe after dark.

·
Registered
252 Posts
  1. Lined up the coin holder cubby (driver's side), lower storage and one part of top storage compartment with Felt.
  2. Put in aux USB cable for charging an additional phone in the lower compartment
  3. Put in LED door sills
Where did you get your LED door sills? Can you post some pics? Older threads here were a dead-end and my Google-fu is failing me

the only thing I was able to find via Google was a relatively generic vendor Toyota New Door Sill Scuff Plate | Illuminated Door Sills - Car Lighting Accessories

·
Registered
43 Posts
Swapped out the battery terminals for some Knuconcepts terminals. Making preps for a big 3 upgrade and then finally amps, front stage, and subs.

·
Registered
252 Posts
(Accidentally posted this in the Gen2 thread a few weeks ago :oops:)

Gave the van a bath ahead of the rainstorm that’s supposed to hit this weekend. The Glassparency coating I applied to my windshield about 18 months ago seemed to have worn away, but I didn’t bother with the maintenance kit that they recommended. Instead, I picked up some Optimum Opti-Glass to try out.

After the typical rinseless wash with ONR, I used a clay towel on all the glass, polished using Optimum Hyper Polish, and performed an IPA wipedown before proceeding with the installation. As others mentioned across the Interwebs, the Opti-Glass flashed really quickly and felt pretty tacky, so it was a little difficult to wipe off.

I also gave my headlights/taillights/rain visors a similar treatment (clay/polish/IPA wipedown) and followed up with Optimum Opti-Lens coating.

With the shelter in place order here in California I haven’t been driving much, but I’ll probably make a grocery run over the weekend and will hopefully get to see how the new windshield coating performs.

I actually got to take the van out in the rain over the weekend - pretty happy with the results. Notice how the water starts flying off as soon as I hit 30mph:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hey SC fam! It's been a minute since I posted last and I can't remember everything I've done since then so I'll start with this weekend. I replaced the passenger side drive axle, front LCA's, turned rotors, and new pads. The van needs a deep cleaning but I've had no time to do it. Perhaps in the next week or so I'll get it done until then... pig in a pigpen.

741 - 760 of 798 Posts