Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

761 - 780 of 798 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Replaced rear shocks with KYB's today. Did not put it on ramps or removed the wheels, its tight but very doable.

Torque values
  • Upper Nut - 115Nm (85 Ft-lbf)
  • Lower 19mm bolt (wheel installed, under load) - 103 Nm (76Ft-lbf)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Got rid of the annoying beeping when locking/unlocking by just unplugging the noisemaker up under the hood. Never had it before and had always thought it somewhat annoying, even moreso on my own vehicle.
Next I'll be opening the back of the hatch up and unplugging that one as well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
What did I do to my Sienna today?

I stared for awhile at the space in the left side of the rear cargo area where the 8th (second row center) seat is stored on FWD vehicles. Since AWD Siennas don't have the 8th seat, that space mostly goes to waste. Trying to figure out how to utilize it better for storage. Seems to mostly require some sort of cover, hatch or other means to hold things in place there.

Didn't figure out a definite plan of action, but have some ideas..

·
Registered
585 Posts
What did I do to my Sienna today?

I stared for awhile at the space in the left side of the rear cargo area where the 8th (second row center) seat is stored on FWD vehicles. Since AWD Siennas don't have the 8th seat, that space mostly goes to waste. Trying to figure out how to utilize it better for storage. Seems to mostly require some sort of cover, hatch or other means to hold things in place there.

Didn't figure out a definite plan of action, but have some ideas..
This is what I did with that space on my gen2 van...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: jmeb

·
Registered
971 Posts
new rear bumper from someone rear ended me( before shelter in place) and 4 new Michellin defender tires during this month, had to go to a shop further than my regular American tire store to get it done ( during shelter in place )

·
Registered
146 Posts
new rear bumper from someone rear ended me( before shelter in place) and 4 new Michellin defender tires during this month, had to go to a shop further than my regular American tire store to get it done ( during shelter in place )
Did you buy the bumper yourself or go through a shop/insurance?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Walmart had a deal on (2) Sterilite 40 Gal Wheeled Industrial Totes. You can stack them and they fit inside the Sienna quite nicely. I plan to use them for upcoming road trips.

·
Registered
217 Posts
This is second nature to me now...I have lots of different lighting retrofit videos on my YouTube.
I have the parts list in the video description if you need details on whats needed.

If Morimoto ever releases an LED 4TL-R (with MLED 2.0 performance), I will be on it. Until then, the HID is best performing option especially with OEM Denso ballasts and Osram bulbs and if you already have all the other ballasts and wiring.

@Sinister2c , thank you for taking the time to make a video fo the mod. Makes it a lot easier. Never done one before. Next is to build up my confidence to do it. :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
This is second nature to me now...I have lots of different lighting retrofit videos on my YouTube.
I have the parts list in the video description if you need details on whats needed.

If Morimoto ever releases an LED 4TL-R (with MLED 2.0 performance), I will be on it. Until then, the HID is best performing option especially with OEM Denso ballasts and Osram bulbs and if you already have all the other ballasts and wiring.
according to Lightwerkz, they just released 4TL-R brackets for the MLED 2.0 projectors 😲

·
Registered
217 Posts
according to Lightwerkz, they just released 4TL-R brackets for the MLED 2.0 projectors 😲

oh oh...too bad they are $70 plus the cost of MLEDs. :oops:...I've seen some guy make that same bracket out of wood using a laser wood carver.

They are $55 plus shipping on CB&D.

I might really be tempted if they have a 20% or 25% holiday sale though...

·
Registered
43 Posts
finished installing the first round of stereo upgrades.
CT sounds stratos components
Toro MR4 and MR2 amplifiers
Skar SVR-10 dvc subwoofer in a vented enclosure (i have a couple other sub set-ups as well)

I'm in the process of tuning now, but will most likely make the jump to a DSP and more power by the end of the summer

·
Registered
217 Posts
I enabled the factory security system in my SE (same for LE and L). Needed to install a new hood latch but that was easy. The Limited and XLE already have this option.

I created a DIY video including a full tutorial on TIS Techstream software. Lots of settings that you can change in TIS.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Just picked up a 2015 Limited about a week ago, first mod was changing grille out to a SE one. Have SE taillights on order as well. Wanted an SE, but got a good deal on this one, and the dual sunroofs, and reclining lounge chairs are pretty cool.

761 - 780 of 798 Posts