Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
861 - 880 of 885 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
With a lot of elbow grease and a full days worth of effort, finally removed the 8+ years of baked, caked & cracked Paint Protection film from the hood and the fenders. Used a plastic scraper and Heat gun along with Stage 1, 3M Adhesive remover (for film residual glue). This is on a 12 Sienna which has always been garaged, at home and work.

It is unbelievable on how forgiving the clear coat is. 6+ hours of scraping, scratching and pulling with a plastic tool did not leave any marks whatsoever. For reference, I used this Paint Protection Removal as a reference. Mine was equally bad but not as discolored. Thankfully I did not have any on any plastic parts (bumpers etc) because the plastic scraper only works on metal. Was quoted $450 - $700 to get it off with no promises that the areas will be scratch free after the job. No plans of getting the film ever again on the Van.

If you are considering doing it then the best time to get remove it is before it shows signs of cracking and drying up. Then it will be much easier to just warm it up and peel off.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I tinted my front windows as well as the small triangles. Ran it through the wash.

Applied 'RainX' to the windshield. This stuff is good. Going to do all the windows.

·
Registered
416 Posts
What lights are they?
They are similar to these. I bought them from Walmart a couple years ago on clearance for cheap , i forgot how much they cost but wanted the pod lights for some type of project. I'm finally finding a use for them. I just use gorilla double sided tape to stick them on to the Pilar. Easy on and off. And I taped the rear catch lights.

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle

Peripheral Grey Gadget Cable Input device

LY8 4Pods LED Rock Lights White LED Neon Underglow Light for Car Truck ATV UTV SUV Jeep Boat Underbody Glow Trail Rig Lamp Waterproof (White)… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08C9N5ZL7/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_34Z4Y36D79RH7ASRYRD7?psc=1

·
Registered
416 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Added CarPlay to our 2018 using the info from @bmwstephen with the TSB and files. The update ran automatically and now we have CarPlay.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Added Carplay yesterday, I have an iphone 8 with IOS 15.4. Disappointed in the lack of apps and features with carplay.
It has Apple maps, phone, messages, text, Google maps, setup, now playing and Toyota Entune.

I expected it to look more like the iPhone. Am I missing something? It has the Panasonic Entune premium audio.

861 - 880 of 885 Posts