If I listed all the cars I drove before the Sienna, it would go back 50 years, and involve HUNDREDs of different cars, because I used to "trade cars" sometimes as often as just a few weeks later. Most recently, however, I traded in a 2022 Honda CRV hybrid EXL AND sold a 2022 Camry hybrid LE.
I decided my Sienna would replace BOTH these cars, as my wife rarely drives, and thought we could get by on ONE car instead of 2.
We did not like having "just" one car, tho. So, my solution to prevent 2 car payments was to buy a "beater", for cash, which I drive.
I decided on a 2005 Cadillac Deville. (no its not a beater..its beautiful!). It has 75,000 miles and could be confused with a "new" 2005, with few exceptions. It uses too much gas, but I dont drive it that much, so a tank of gas in the deville probably lasts me a couple months.
In some ways, the Caddy is better than the Sienna.
1. Caddy has heated steering wheel, 2023 Sienna XLE does not. The Caddy also rides better than the Sienna..
2. Caddy has heated and cooled seats, which will be nice in summer. No cooled seats for sienna.
3. Caddy has "memory" so seats are automatically adjusted to me, after wife drives caddy and messes them up. Not so for Sienna.
4. Power. The V8 in the Caddy will beat the Sienna badly, tho we dont race them. The power is nice. Nothing like a V8 for power.
5. Caddy has a CD player, no such thing in a 2023 Sienna.
Of course, the Caddy has downsides, such as no adaptive cruise, and no backup camera, like the Sienna. But, I could buy 8 Caddy's like this for the price of "1" 2023 Siennas. Wife drives either one..They are both huge and take big parking places.