Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the light is just right, mine is the color.

Cypress Green AWD PLT

I’ve also really enjoyed the hybrid system in this van. My wife previously had a couple of Prius (Priii?), so I was curious how it would drive in such a large vehicle. It’s easily the slowest car we have, but it’s probably the most pleasant to drive overall. I’m increasingly of the opinion that most vehicles would benefit from a hybrid drive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The hybrid powertrain. And the silent but powerful enough EV mode that you can use to putt around parking lots and short distances. I get 35 mpgs, which means I take the Sienna out more than our other car, a smaller SUV which gets about half the MPGs.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It has to be the range. I have friends that are griping about gas prices and I really couldn't care less. My last tank cost me $43 and it should take me about 600 miles. Actually, the computer shows I'll get over 680 miles since I'm driving in town this tank. $43 to drive that far is not a budget breaker. It's ridiculous for something this size to be able to go that far on a tank of gas. I love it.

My wife loves the second row seats, with ottoman, for those frequent long trips. I used to keep foam bedding in the back of the Pacifica for her to sleep, but the Sienna seats are a better option.

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna LE AWD "Mr. Sparkollz"
129 Posts
The unique hybrid powertrain.

The surreal mpg is one thing, but there are also:
  • The electric AWD (some people argue a drive shaft with an extra clutch is better; let them argue:geek:),
  • The 150K mile battery warranty, and
  • The 600+ mile range on one tank (which can probably stretch is to 700+ miles with mindful driving and favorable conditions).
I hope it will last for a long time

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna LE AWD "Mr. Sparkollz"
129 Posts
When the light is just right, mine is the color.

Cypress Green AWD PLT
View attachment 50630
View attachment 50631

I’ve also really enjoyed the hybrid system in this van. My wife previously had a couple of Prius (Priii?), so I was curious how it would drive in such a large vehicle. It’s easily the slowest car we have, but it’s probably the most pleasant to drive overall. I’m increasingly of the opinion that most vehicles would benefit from a hybrid drive.
This is also a very good picture. You must have a real camera :)

The word Prii, IMO, is a weird one. It looks like a typo, with hard to figure out pronunciation, and it makes the brand name Prius optically unrecognizable for most people. :geek:

I think many more non-Toyota vehicles would have a practical and commercially viable hybrid option, if other car companies were as advanced in the hybrid powertrain design area as Toyota is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Like everyone else, the MPGs are AMAZING for any vehicle of this size, let alone it's also AWD. A close second favorite thing is the way I can just push a button and talk to the navigation and it actually understands everything and it's super helpful.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is also a very good picture. You must have a real camera :)

The word Prii, IMO, is a weird one. It looks like a typo, with hard to figure out pronunciation, and it makes the brand name Prius optically unrecognizable for most people. :geek:

I think many more non-Toyota vehicles would have a practical and commercially viable hybrid option, if other car companies were as advanced in the hybrid powertrain design area as Toyota is.
Just an iPhone with excellent lighting in a parking deck. I've caught myself a number of times since we bought the van just stopping and saying "dang that is a great looking van."

Priii, Priuses, Priusen. That little Yota hybrid that changed the world and brought us this van years later.

Great seeing what everyone else enjoys about the van. So far, it's obvious that we love the mpg, range, space, adaptive cruise. I will add some of the hybrid related benefits like the 120v adapter and "RV mode" ... My son and I went on a hike while my pregnant wife reclined in the back seat and watched Netflix on the rear entertainment system w/ our Roku hooked up. I didn't even conceive of that possibility before we got this van.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When we test drove in February, the local dealer had 5 Siennas on the lot, all silver or white XLEs. We "ordered" this Green one, it arrived the last day of April.

Are they not assembled in Indiana? Crazy how the distribution/dealership system works. You probably had dozens of Cypresses rolling down the interstate right past you to other places.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When we test drove in February, the local dealer had 5 Siennas on the lot, all silver or white XLEs. We "ordered" this Green one, it arrived the last day of April.

Are they not assembled in Indiana? Crazy how the distribution/dealership system works. You probably had dozens of Cypresses rolling down the interstate right past you to other places.
Yes, they are assembled in Princeton, Indiana, near Evansville. When we were looking back in the first week of April, there was ONE Cypress XLE AWD within 150 miles of Indy and it was without a roof rack and unfortunately, we didn't want to wait to have one ordered since our Odyssey needed a new motor. The worst time to buy a vehicle is when you really need one.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am amazed at the acceleration of a hybrid vehicle of this size/weight while delivering high mpgs. This is the 4th Hybrid I've had and it is light years ahead of my 12 Prius V which is only averaging 2mpg better.

Then again Ford has a nice product in the Escape hybrid. I test drove that first. Both don't feel anything like the hybrids of old.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am amazed at the acceleration of a hybrid vehicle of this size/weight while delivering high mpgs. This is the 4th Hybrid I've had and it is light years ahead of my 12 Prius V which is only averaging 2mpg better.

Then again Ford has a nice product in the Escape hybrid. I test drove that first. Both don't feel anything like the hybrids of old.
The acceleration was my biggest concern before we test drove. Obviously it passed my test.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, they are assembled in Princeton, Indiana, near Evansville. When we were looking back in the first week of April, there was ONE Cypress XLE AWD within 150 miles of Indy and it was without a roof rack and unfortunately, we didn't want to wait to have one ordered since our Odyssey needed a new motor. The worst time to buy a vehicle is when you really need one.
Crazy times to buy a car in for sure. At least we got a great van out of it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
This was mixed town and hilly rural driving, with some steep dirt roads, and a canoe on top for part of the tank. Zero highway driving! 38.5 MPG US. AWD too!
Have you had your dealer take a look at that display to figure out what's causing all those strange gibberish characters? I recognize the time in the top corner but I don't know what all those other characters mean. What on earth is an U100km? ;-)

·
Registered
88 Posts
The acceleration was my biggest concern before we test drove. Obviously it passed my test.
It's not going to win many races and I'm sure it gets worse with added people & weight but this is the 1st vehicle I can actually drive in "eco" mode and not feel like I could walk faster. It actually feels faster than the company provided 2020 Nissan Rouge I had yet is much bigger and getting 10mpg better on average. Ok now I have to look it up:

Yep it is!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
2021 Blueprint Sienna Platinum AWD “The Cruising Vessel”
52 Posts
Obviously I love the MPG like everyone, but I really dig the HUD on my platinum.
My grandkids love the driver easy speak feature and make sure I do a captain’s announcement to the cabin before we depart!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts