Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Obviously I love the MPG like everyone, but I really dig the HUD on my platinum.
My grandkids love the driver easy speak feature and make sure I do a captain’s announcement to the cabin before we depart!
Yes! I love the HUD as well. I can put my speed and ACC info up there, and then if I need music I can put that info on the display next to the speedometer. My wife hates it though so I’m glad it can be turned off without much fuss.

I didn’t know about the drivers speak feature. We have a platinum with rear entertainment, I wonder if we have it. Off to find out!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
It's not going to win many races and I'm sure it gets worse with added people & weight but this is the 1st vehicle I can actually drive in "eco" mode and not feel like I could walk faster. It actually feels faster than the company provided 2020 Nissan Rouge I had yet is much bigger and getting 10mpg better on average. Ok now I have to look it up:

Yep it is!

View attachment 50637

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View attachment 50638
I want to emphasize that an 8 passenger hybrid minivan can run the 1/4 mi nearly a full second faster than a Nissan Rogue, a compact SUV marketed for its quick sporty feel.
Crazy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Loves:
Cypress color. I chose well :)

Drove 600mi of mountains with the adaptive cruise pegged at 78mpg most of it. Averaged 37.9MPG.

And, coming from family trips in a Mazda 3, having separate heat/cool zones means my kids (1 rear facing) can stay cool on hot days without the front seat passengers needing blankets.
We are very happy!

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna LE AWD "Mr. Sparkollz"
129 Posts
Loves:
Cypress color. I chose well :)

Drove 600mi of mountains with the adaptive cruise pegged at 78mpg most of it. Averaged 37.9MPG.

And, coming from family trips in a Mazda 3, having separate heat/cool zones means my kids (1 rear facing) can stay cool on hot days without the front seat passengers needing blankets.
We are very happy!
I wish I also had had a chance to "choose" the color; in our area Siennas were available when I was buying, but with much less choice than you'd expect from a mature, consumer-driven market economy :)

We also happen to have a CX-3 in the family, and it's a great car for its suburban-hopping purpose, but certainly not so good for long road trips. And it never gets above 33 mpg, despite being like half the size of Mr. Sparkollz.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My favorite characteristic is the hybrid drive train: smooth acceleration without any shifting transitions. The engineers who came up with its eCVT transmission deserve a nice raise…varying the gear ratio by spinning the planetary gear holder at different speeds and directions with one of the motors is quite innovative. Also, never realized how much I would appreciate waiting in the car in a parking lot with the air conditioner running, but no engine running.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Obviously I love the MPG like everyone, but I really dig the HUD on my platinum.
My grandkids love the driver easy speak feature and make sure I do a captain’s announcement to the cabin before we depart!
How did you get the “driver easy speak” feature to work? I found the settings screen to turn that feature on, but the button on the steering wheel only seems to want to trigger the voice command system?

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
510 Posts
How did you get the “driver easy speak” feature to work? I found the settings screen to turn that feature on, but the button on the steering wheel only seems to want to trigger the voice command system?
I have put it on my default home screen that has 2x2 gird. All it has is On/Off toggle. When you turn it on, microphone over the driver's head routes what you speak to rear speakers. Only way to see it in action yourself is to go to rear seats and have someone else speak from the Driver's seat. There is no eco or feedback so the driver can't really tell if it works or not.

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is my first tank, since it was broken in, with no highway miles and I'm sneaking up on 700 miles of range. The miles driven and expected range are at 691 miles, which is ridiculous for something this size and weight. Back in the day, I had a German Capri II V-6 that could barely go 200 miles on a tank and it probably wasn't any quicker than the Sienna. I just looked it up. The Capri did 0-60 in 10.4 seconds. How times have changed!

·
Registered
2021 Blueprint Sienna Platinum AWD “The Cruising Vessel”
52 Posts
I did the same thing that @Sienna9816 did, and added it to my Home Screen. It’s the easiest way for me to find it and flip it on and off. It’s probably not a good use of screen space for most people, but if you have young grandkids riding in the back, they will probably enjoy your Captain’s announcement reminding them to fasten their seatbelts, giving them a weather update (which I also keep on my home screen), and estimated travel time to the destination.

·
Registered
199 Posts
This seems to be the source of your frustration. Driver easy speak is not turned on via the steering wheel buttons, only via the audio/visual system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have you had your dealer take a look at that display to figure out what's causing all those strange gibberish characters? I recognize the time in the top corner but I don't know what all those other characters mean. What on earth is an U100km? ;-)

View attachment 50635
In case we need to send the Sienna to Elon's Mars colony, the dash is equipped to handle the Martian territory, The MPH and F works well if you are horseback riding in Mars

·
Registered
30 Posts
The hybrid powertrain and the utilities it brings.
I also likes the design inside out, especially the dash, console and contrast in color, I have xse with the light interior.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
202 Posts
The hybrid powertrain and the utilities it brings.
I also likes the design inside out, especially the dash, console and contrast in color, I have xse with the light interior.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Speaking of contrast in color, I am not a fan of that orange stitching which I absolutely avoided.

·
Registered
119 Posts
How do you get that? Is that on your phone? How?
Photo of the display on the dashboard In one of the modes. You can use the steering wheel buttons to scroll between screens, both left and right and up and down.

The little 0-30 dial on the left is the most useful part. The green bar is average fuel economy for this trip since reset, (6 in this case) and the white bar is current fuel economy (0 right now in EV mode) You can see the white bar climb wa-a-ay up when you goose it up a hill. It’s a bit like a video game to keep the white bar below the green one.

·
Registered
119 Posts

Trip down to the city and back, some highway, some city, with lots of traffic, stop-and-go driving. I tried to use the EV as much as possible with light acceleration, but moved at the speed of traffic. 42 MPG US for an AWD XLE.

A tiny Honda Fit is rated 5.6 L/100k for pure highway driving!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts