Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting toward the end of life on the tires on my 2013 Sienna LE, and I'm curious what tires others here have used as replacements. The family is putting around 10k miles a year on the van, and we live in the south - so snow handling isn't really a big deal because when it snows everything shuts down and there's nowhere to go. I'm not sure I'm willing to pay the bucks for Michelin Defenders at $175/each, but I don't want cheapo either. I'm looking for middle-of-the-road tires -reliable, quiet, safe.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
I've always been a Michelin fan. I've only bought Michelins for the last 20 years and I've never had problems with them. I rotate and balance them every 5k miles and check pressure once a month.

If you think long term, assuming that you're going to drive the van for many years, the price won't make a big difference.
If a set of tires lasts you 50k miles, you probably won't need more than 4 sets of tires for the life of the van.
(there are exceptions to the rule but I don't think most of us keep vehicles for over 200k miles.)

The Defenders will last long assuming that you'll maintain them well.
Our 2018 LE has Michelin Primacys and they seem pretty good so far though others don't like them.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I've been putting Bridgestone Ecopia tires on all my vehicles. When they're on sale at Costco, they're a good deal, IMHO. But, YMMV.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Falken Azenis FK453 i ran for a summer up here in Vermont. They were very good handling tires in both the Dry weather and rain, they even took the leafs well. I think they were like 109 bucks or something... fairly cheap but did the job

1 - 6 of 6 Posts