Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could of sweared when I first got the van it said 320 miles on the display (distance till empty) when I filled the gas tank full. The last 2 times I filled it up it displayed 290 miles till empty. Was I just seeing things? Lol. What does your display say when its filled up?

·
Registered
26 Posts
My 2017 also says around 300mi but on the highway it will change to sometimes 350 or more as you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
This came up on a Lexus forum. Someone mentioned the number can vary by season based on a scientific principal if I recall.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm currently at 317 with 43 miles driven. But I only got 296 out of my last tank of 16.47 gallons.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea so i guess it does differ. I thought i saw 320 the first few fillups. I wonder why its been 290 the last 2 times. Gas difference? Been using shells. Idk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for corfirming i wasnt seeing or imagining things. Just wonder why its not the same. Its a big difference from 320 down to 290

·
Registered
108 Posts
It uses the mpg that is displayed in your dash to help calculate. So more city driving=less mpg = less DTE.

·
Registered
307 Posts
It uses the mpg that is displayed in your dash to help calculate. So more city driving=less mpg = less DTE.

This. I fill the tank when I get gas so I can keep track of my mileage in a log book I keep in the glove box. The mileage I calculate for the last tank seems to be consistent with the estimated "distance to empty" that the car gives me after I fill the tank.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Mine showed 385 after fill up. It is a 2004 Sienna LE running on Cooper CS5 tires at 40 psi. This is about right as these 3.3l engines in earlier model Siennas get outstanding gas mileage.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Just filled mine up this morning and it said 380 miles untill empty. I had recently taken a long road trip (two tanks worth of gas) and drove around town a bit before filling up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I recently drove it on 2 long trips. ('17 SE) Back to back weekends. First drive was over 360 miles one way. And the following weekend was over 500 miles one way. When I did fill the tank, the screen said 380. I did compute my mpg and I was pleasantly surprised. I averaged 25.6 mpg on the 1st trip there and 25 mpg on the way back. On the following weekend I did 25 mpg on the way there. And this was loaded down averaging 75mph for hours. 80mph for 90% of the time on the 2nd trip!?! I just use 87 octane btw.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you look at numerology, the number 320 and 290 coincides with the devil's number and it is very interesting. Had the devil himself had a hand in it? I don't think it's a coincidence! I think you should definitely give up the gas in your car and go to diesel or gasoline engine.If you are interested to read more about numbers-visit this site https://www.sunsigns.org/angel-number-1234-meaning/

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think the "distance to empty" varies according to past but recent mileage. I get one number when not towing and when I get about 26 MPG, and then after towing for a while during which time I only get 14 MPG the distance to empty after a fill up is much less.

By the way, I have gone 10-20 miles with the "distance to empty" showing ZERO. It does not go below zero but there is obviously some reserve.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts