Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During recent heavy rains I got stuck in my backyard in serious mud. Ive been waiting for a few dry days to see if i can get a tow strap to attach to a 4x4 to pull the van out but I can't find where to place the straps. I have to get pulled from the front as there are obstructions behind me.

·
Registered
198 Posts
If you can see underneath look for a hole or slot in the sub frame and use that. Try a gentle pull, not a yank.

Not sure about Siennas but older Highlanders had a threaded hole in the frame that was accessed through the front grill area. There was a long bolt that screws in to use for a recovery point. Wish they still had that. I have thought of having a welding shop attach a hook under the front of ours in case I bury it in snow. I added a rear hitch too.

·
Registered
2017 XLE AWD
5 Posts
IIRC, Siennas have always been a bit egoistic - I know for sure my 2004 Gen 2 had neither front or rear tow strap attachment holes, and my new 2017 Gen3 seems to have none neither.

I got stuck in really deep snow once in the Gen2, so deep that the car was actually laying on its belly, with wheels helplessly spinning. I had a bunch of ppl around in well-equipped 4x4s, ready to help but they just could not. In the end, it took all the drivers from all these 4x4s to manually push me out LMAO!

They just think at Toyota that we Sienna owners should neither help anybody, nor be helped.

A towing kit at the rear might help become less of an egoist and be able to help someone else, but I am not aware of anything (without strong modding) that would allow a Sienna to be towed.

·
Registered
639 Posts
The only thing that comes to mind for the front would be a tow bar attachment plate that you would use to flat tow the van behind a motorhome. For the back, a receiver with a shackle drawbar would be your best bet.

-Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts