Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

AC stopped working on my 2006 Sienna XLE. I brought it to a local dealer for checkup and was told the line of rear AC is leaking and rear heat coil also broken. It costs 2200 to repair.

I googled and found very old post that we can just block off the rear ac ((1) 98 Sienna - Finding AC Leak | Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com). I think that's best for me as mine is 16 year old already. However, the photos in that post are lost. Can someone help me on where is easiest place to block off the rear ac lines?

Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I would consider taking it to an independent mechanic or a dedicated A/C service place for a second opinion. You'll probably drop that price in half, depending on the area of the country you're in. If you block off the rear A/C and bypass the rear heater core, you're going to have a poorly functioning climate control system in your van which could potentially make it uncomfortable in all seasons, depending on where you live.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bill for the advice. Still, I am considering block the rear ac off as I plan to buy a new car in the near future. Can someone point me to which part of the line I can cut and put the block off cap on? I really appreciate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts