Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2012 Sienna with this issue 106k miles. Local Toyota dealer quoted me $2250 labor included for a new differential to fix this issues. I found this web site and chat thank god. I also ran into a issue with my local Toyota dealer not wanting to give me the bearing part. He wanted a VIN number than said it would not fit my Sienna. So I ordered the same bearing from 123bearing.com see link below. It cost $78 plus $22 for shipping from France. My mechanic put it on for $250. Good luck
123bearing.com part number 95DSF01-NSK 95x120x17 mm

·
Registered
2 Posts
No such luck for me. My mechanic did not want to replace the bearing alone. Bought the coupler (part number 41303-28013) on line for 1163 plus 29 dollars for delivery and 325 for labor. The issue is now resolved. Total cost 1517

·
Registered
3 Posts
Stumbled on this post the other day when my 14 Sienna AWD started whirring. Took it to the shop today and am told that the rear differential needs work (I was expecting this) but it was caused because all four tires were not replaced at the same time. Has anyone else been given a specific cause? Wondering if I am being given a load of .... because I bought it Certified PreOwned and the tires had not been previously replaced 4 at a time. Would really like to know. Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had the same problem crop up over the weekend with my 2014. Am being told by the dealership it’s because all four tires were not changed at the same time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
By the helps from this forum n some YouTube video, I have taken out the bad bearing prepare to replace a new one(around $45)! During the cleaning- a spacer or bushing came out n found some chipping one end! Anyone know this part #?, I guessed will grind it flat to install for now! I’ll update after repair
9902E9E8-791C-4E52-84DC-81231BE08B3D.jpeg
image.jpg
9902E9E8-791C-4E52-84DC-81231BE08B3D.jpeg
image.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Repair n Test results good! I got the smaller bearing but old one still good! So in most case people will need the new big bearing, dust cover, gear oil n crush washer to finish this fix! Small parts cost vs stealer’s 2k estimates!
I also replace the oil in front transfer n transmission! The failure reasons can be too complicated but if someone just want to blame it on not changing 4 tires together- that’s BS!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Was this coupling bearing an issue on gen 2 Sienna AWD? I'm borrowing my brother's 2006 with 150k on it and it's making a whirring noise in the rear which we both believed was a wheel bearing. I found this thread searching about that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Repair n Test results good! I got the smaller bearing but old one still good! So in most case people will need the new big bearing, dust cover, gear oil n crush washer to finish this fix! Small parts cost vs stealer’s 2k estimates!
I also replace the oil in front transfer n transmission! The failure reasons can be too complicated but if someone just want to blame it on not changing 4 tires together- that’s BS!
Great job on the repair and cost savings. They ended up fixing mine under warranty; nice to know that is the issue for next go round since I intend on driving this for many years. Also glad that someone else agrees with the tire story being BS!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Siennistas,

I did the DIY repair on my 2011 Limited last weekend and everything went well!
The whining noise is gone and the van drives great!

However! I may have F'ed it up....

I was tidying up my garage after today and I found a part underneath some tools. A part that I'm pretty sure should be inside my coupler! Doh!
It's a steel washer with an OD of about 4in and an ID of maybe 3.5in. I think the official name in the PDF on page 1 is 'Coupling conical spring washer'.

So my question is: Do I need to tear it all apart again and replace this washer? Or will it work OK without it?
What could go wrong if I don't have this washer in there?
I'll do it if I have to; but I'd rather not. It was a lot of work to get it all back together! :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Everyone. So I am gearing up to do this bearing change. I ordered both the non-O-ring bearing as well as the bearing with the O-ring.

Which do you guys think I should install? I have 2 tubes of the Toyota orange silicone, so I am prepared to do either.

Also, for those of you who did the change yourself, how long did it take you?

Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Everyone. So I am gearing up to do this bearing change. I ordered both the non-O-ring bearing as well as the bearing with the O-ring.

Which do you guys think I should install? I have 2 tubes of the Toyota orange silicone, so I am prepared to do either.

Also, for those of you who did the change yourself, how long did it take you?

Thanks!
i used the non o ting beating and RTV. 10k no idsues, i had a handpress took me 15 mins out old in with new.... total time wth drive on stands maybe 2 hours. I aslo swapped both diff fluids and trans so

·
Registered
3 Posts
i used the non o ting beating and RTV. 10k no idsues, i had a handpress took me 15 mins out old in with new.... total time wth drive on stands maybe 2 hours. I aslo swapped both diff fluids and trans so
Just did this fix on Saturday, and all of the bolts were seized in some way or form. Gotta love Northeast winters! Anyhow, the fix took me about 8 hours. I couldn't remove the studs for the propellar shaft, so I ended up dropping the driveshaft and pulling the coupler off that way. Hammering the bearing out took a while as well. The fix was pretty straight forward, and I saved myself a few thousand dollars, so I would say it was well worth it. I love the fact that the van is so quiet now, that I drove it with no music the last couple of days! But now I hear a squeek coming from where the rear seats mount on the floor....I guess I have more work to do!

Thanks again for the info here! You guys are the reasons I love car forums!

61 - 73 of 73 Posts