Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Recently had a camaro back into my van pretty hard in a parking lot. Both cars were moving so we decided to do individual responsibility... mostly because my spouse felt bad for the elderly driver of the other vehicle. The damage is confined to the drivers door, but is bad enough that the door will need to be replaced.

Soo... after getting an estimate of 3500 from my body shop I got cheap and contacted an auto recycler. They were able to source a door with the same paint code and order it in. Only after ordering did I realize it was from a 2015 model year. Both cars are "LE" trim.

I know they "facelifted" the interior a bit and that slightly affects the look of the interior door. But from looking at my car and my neighbors (a 2015 or 16), it looks like the metal part of the door is identical. In as much as you can tell without taking it apart.

If I swap over my door latch (have to for the keyed entry), interior trim, etc, is the metal part of the door compatible?

Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! I hope that the different latch assembly still has similar mounting points. Looking at the edge of the door it looks the same.

I was thinking about just attempting the swap in my garage but decided I'd probably end up breaking stuff. Fingers crossed my body shop will be cool with this.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just talked to my body shop and they are game to give it a shot. They think it will work.

Fingers crossed. Will post back here after the repair. Not on the schedule till the end of the month.

Since I haven't seen the door in person, I'm assuming the color will be as close a match as one can expect from a used part. Both cars have 8v5 color code (shoreline blue pearl). Nice color, imho.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts