Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I need to give the credit to Bruce Parks found his idea on youtube and I am just trying to copy them as I think they are great. Here is what I have so far. I am using Noseeum mesh netting and the frame is 1/4" sanded plywood. thhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO2-2EKtJLcere is going to be another framed sandwiched to this one and then it will get weatherstripping around the entire frame. but again this is not a finished product. I will update with more as I go

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Next to install the weather stripping and thinking of using a tan/beige color paint or fabric to do the inside piece of the wood that shows maybe just a stain that is up in the air for now

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
That's a great idea. I like the fact they are in place all the time.

Thanks for sharing the video. His conversion turned out very nicely and he's got some good ideas. I especially like his ventilation system and upper cabinets, but am worried how it would impeded the curtain air bags and might spew wood chips and splinters in an accident.

-Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,415 Posts
We used to be big Drive-In movie goers, so made front window screens for our 2002 Odyssey van (and they worked acceptably well for the 2008 Sienna and the 2015 Sienna). They have pockets and magnet tape, so slip over the entire window frame and seal well when the door closes. I'll have to dig up some photos.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts