Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Do any of you have some pictures or a step by step of how to replace/repair the WSW reservoir on my 2005 Sienna XLE? Can it be repaired as I think it has a crack in it or does it have to be replaced?
Thanks, DR

Moderator edit: email address removed. We'd like all discussions posted so that everyone learns.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
This will help.

·
Registered
87 Posts
You might be able to fix the crack, but I think it's high-density polyethylene (like milk jug plastic). The pump died on ours. If your pump is dead, it might be leaking. The part was cheap, but getting it out was a hassle. I did not have the kung-fu grip to pull the pump out, so I had to remove the entire reservoir. To do that, you have to remove a bunch of electrical plugs. Then you have to remove the headlight. To remove the headlight, you have to remove the right side of the bumper. The pump is a friction fit and it was laughably difficult to install it, but I did it! Took about an hour to get the pump squeezed into the reservoir wall. I had to use several thin plastic shims and work my way around the rubber gasket. Just set aside about 4 hours if you're starting from scratch. YouTube and this forum is your friend.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might be able to fix the crack, but I think it's high-density polyethylene (like milk jug plastic). The pump died on ours. If your pump is dead, it might be leaking. The part was cheap, but getting it out was a hassle. I did not have the kung-fu grip to pull the pump out, so I had to remove the entire reservoir. To do that, you have to remove a bunch of electrical plugs. Then you have to remove the headlight. To remove the headlight, you have to remove the right side of the bumper. The pump is a friction fit and it was laughably difficult to install it, but I did it! Took about an hour to get the pump squeezed into the reservoir wall. I had to use several thin plastic shims and work my way around the rubber gasket. Just set aside about 4 hours if you're starting from scratch. YouTube and this forum is your friend.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there a youTube video showing how it's done? Do I have to remove the right wheel and inner liner. It used to just leak about halfway but now it's the whole tank. Thanks DR

·
Registered
87 Posts
You don't have to remove the wheel, just detach a couple of screws from the wheel well liner that attaches to the bumper wraparound. Then yank really hard on the bumper. Just watch the first minute or so of this video:
There are other videos too about how to remove the headlight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts