Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Show a real winter photo. Brown slush covered roads and a really dirty van. Lol.
Got the dirty part covered with all the backsplash from the rain and clay but gonna wait for snow when head back to post a pic.

Just drove in prior gen Sienna today and wished we had the bigger 3rd row windows and less noisy engine but then again we have way more usb ports and better mileage.

Also noticed that prior gen seems to get less mud/dirt on interior side metals [not on sliding doors per se but on interior van body].

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Our winter so far. As I was driving in our lovely mountains, I did catch some below freezing temperatures a couple of weeks ago, but no snow yet.

Note the company:
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes AWD Woodland edition. I had tried to get some cables before the storm knowing it was going to be a 6 to 8 foot dump, but all my local places were sold out. Fortunately this AWD system seems pretty unflappable and the tires are grippy enough. I tested in an icy parking lot breaking it loose in skids, over throttling, and emergency braking and it was super solid. I was also pleasantly surprised with how hard I had to push to get the anti-lock to activate downhill on mixed ice and slush, another testament to the tires. Of course I did all of this with great caution and not around other cars.

Keeping the cluster display on the 4 wheel power readout showed that the rear wheels were only getting brief, light hits of power and only while under uphill acceleration on snow, meaning FWD had things under control for the most part. The traction control light only came on when doing tight turns on ice at low speeds and where I knew I had room. Overall I'm super impressed with the snow-worthiness.

All of that said, I grew up driving in icy Midwest winters and know my way around slick conditions. Living in CA now around drivers who go full tilt with their SUVs into the Sierra only to end up in a snowbank always makes me cringe. I still might pick up a set of winter tires just so I feel better about my CA native wife driving in snow, but so far I'm pretty happy with the stock setup.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I got a set of X-Ice tires mounted on rims from Tire Rack and just DIY swapped them. I'm also driving up into the Cascades 2-3 times a week all winter for skiing so AWD + Snow Tires is a big reason we got this van.

·
Registered
21 Sienna AWD Plat Silver
871 Posts
Car Snow Vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle registration plate
Wheel Snow Car Tire Vehicle
Wheel Sky Tire Car Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Snow Ice racing

Here are a few pics from us.

The weather has been unusually warm in DC area. Most of the December was around 50-60s. I didn't think we would get enough snow this season but we got a surprise 8-10Inchs yesterday!

Going around in the snow in our AWD was nice and fun. It was worth getting snow off the car. Activating "VSC Off" is pretty much required to drive thru this much snow. I had to wiggle back and forth a couple of times in some places, but no real issues otherwise.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
The first snow of 2022. Had to test Mr, Sparkollz's AWD on the snow-covered grass.
View attachment 54047 View attachment 54048 View attachment 54049 View attachment 54050

Here are a few pics from us.

The weather has been unusually warm in DC area. Most of the December was around 50-60s. I didn't think we would get enough snow this season but we got a surprise 8-10Inchs yesterday!

Going around in the snow in our AWD was nice and fun. It was worth getting snow off the car. Activating "VSC Off" is pretty much required to drive thru this much snow. I had to wiggle back and forth a couple of times in some places, but no real issues otherwise.
I did go to LoCo today and noticed that they had a lot more snow than our 1/2" in the Valley :).

1 - 20 of 58 Posts