Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
View attachment 54047 View attachment 54048 View attachment 54049 View attachment 54050

Here are a few pics from us.

The weather has been unusually warm in DC area. Most of the December was around 50-60s. I didn't think we would get enough snow this season but we got a surprise 8-10Inchs yesterday!

Going around in the snow in our AWD was nice and fun. It was worth getting snow off the car. Activating "VSC Off" is pretty much required to drive thru this much snow. I had to wiggle back and forth a couple of times in some places, but no real issues otherwise.
What tires are u using there? Thx

·
Registered
21 Sienna AWD Plat Silver
882 Posts
What tires are u using there? Thx
We have Stock Bridgestone LS100 Tourenza 18Inch + AWD.

<Off-Topic>
Caveat here is that If it wasn't for the "VSC Off" option, I would not have ventured too far. AWD helps, but it is all "VSC Off" in 6-8 inches of the snow. In short, these tires in my experience are not for serious snow dwellers. FWIW, back in Nov., I had found myself drifting and losing line if I tried to take sharp turns in two inches of snow at double digit speeds. Doing 40 in straight line was very stable, but to take turns, I had to pretty much come down to a crawl.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wish I'd known this thread was out 2 days ago or I would have contributed. Had an unusual 2 inch "dump" here in middle TN. Supposed to get 1-3 inches tomorrow. I'll post pics if it comes through!

·
Registered
2021 LE AWD Silver
86 Posts
Well, it's not a ton of snow, looks like the Colorado snow season is just starting, but so far I'm impressed with how the Sienna AWD handles the snow. I think it's largely the all-season stock tires, but still. It's pretty good.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wish I'd known this thread was out 2 days ago or I would have contributed. Had an unusual 2 inch "dump" here in middle TN. Supposed to get 1-3 inches tomorrow. I'll post pics if it comes through!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

About 8:00 this morning.
Wheel Tire Car Snow Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Sky

When I got back home after work shut down for the day.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

And at 2:10.

The observant among you will note that the first pictures were taken from inside a different car. You're correct. My Sienna is FWD only, and has the Firestone tires. I have no idea if they're good or bad in the snow, but I have a 2012 Volvo XC60 which spent the night in the garage. AWD (questionable tires though but did okay) and no thawing required!

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Finally found some snow and an icy road to test the winter driving capabilities in. I was completely satisfied with both the traction and the grip. No further tests will be necessary for Mr. Sparkollz and for this driver :)

Wheel Sky Tire Car Snow

Sky Hood Nature Infrastructure Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
I know there’s a thread on mr sparkolitz but can u remind us what tires youre wearing?
The tires are Falken Ziex ZE 001 A/S P235/65 R17. They have about 20K miles (I rotate 5 tires) of conservative use and are pumped to about 40 psi cold. Last time the dealership checked them the wear was found to be minimal.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The tires are Falken Ziex ZE 001 A/S P235/65 R17. They have about 20K miles (I rotate 5 tires) of conservative use and are pumped to about 40 psi cold. Last time the dealership checked them the wear was found to be minimal.
Have same tires on LE FWD and recently drove in the Virginias where one lane all crumbly snow/ice and one lane somewhat clear with patches of crumbly snow/ice and perhaps it was low expectations of tires with rating of 380 B B however pleasantly surprised.

Did well in heavy rain as well.

Never had B B rated tires and expected mid 500 rating [prior new vehicle had 640 or similar and A A] however guess those days are gone.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts