·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is a cool option to have but I kinda prefer plugging in so my phone gets charged as I drive.
I didn’t post it- but I installed a MagSafe phone holder for my iPhone 12 Pro. so when I get into the car I just click it into place when I need to charge it. It’s so nice not having to plug it in.. or just leave my phone in my pocket and it just works.

here is the one I got.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello Everyone,
I purchase a Ottocast Wireless Carplay adapter for my 2021 Sienna XLE. So far first impressions are pretty great. I made a video doing a box opening and a quick demo.
I purchased the adapter on Amazon: Amazon.com: Wireless CarPlay Adapter【2021 New Upgrade Speed Faster】Apple CarPlay Wireless Adapter for Wired CarPlay Cars Year after 2016,Auto Connect Plug & Play Carlink CarPlay Dongle for iPhone OTTOCAST U2-NOW: Car Electronics

Hey Mike! Thanks for sharing this, I just got my 2021 Sienna today and was disappointed to find out that it didn't support wireless CarPlay. That being said, any particular reason why you went with the Ottocast over CarlinKit or CarPlay2Air? Just curious to see what research showed you (if you did any) as I'm trying to figure out the differences right now myself ahead of my Disney road trip.

Thanks in advance man!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Mike! Thanks for sharing this, I just got my 2021 Sienna today and was disappointed to find out that it didn't support wireless CarPlay. That being said, any particular reason why you went with the Ottocast over CarlinKit or CarPlay2Air? Just curious to see what research showed you (if you did any) as I'm trying to figure out the differences right now myself ahead of my Disney road trip.

Thanks in advance man!
The main reason I got the Otto cast is because of the fast boot time. I follow CarPlay life on YouTube and he has a lot of reviews on wireless CarPlay units. This was the video that sold me on it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The main reason I got the Otto cast is because of the fast boot time. I follow CarPlay life on YouTube and he has a lot of reviews on wireless CarPlay units. This was the video that sold me on it.
Haha I was actually binging these videos yesterday after watching yours. About a week after his Ottocast came out, he did a review for an updated CarPlay2Air so I'm currently weighing the options. Another reviewer showed the updated CarPlay2Air doing a near instant boot after re-entering his vehicle, so I'm just wondering if maybe the new firmware/hardware plays better with our 2021s.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just some information. I use the Wireless CarPlay Adapter Carlinkit 3.0 and have been very happy with it. 2022 Platinum Sienna. As a black Friday sale I saw it at:

With coupon code CML the price is supposed to be $ 53.00.

Disclaimers I didn't use the coupon so no guarantees
The adapter works great for me, but of course tour results are unknown.:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts