Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Happy to report that I've just received the carlinkit3.0 adapter and it works just as announced !!
Came in from China (took 16 days to get home in venice). (If you want it faster, at checkout there is an option for faster delivery at minimal extra cost)
Got it going and configured in 5-10 mins and it just work like a charm.
Made the available over the air update once initial set up was over, it reboot itself and was back on with 30 seconds
Once programmed for the first time it is a permanent set up.
Next, every time you're getting in your car, the connection is automatic and takes between 25 to 30 seconds to established and you can forget about it afterward
Wireless CarPlay in the Sienna !! - Very useful for short distance drive
Also, if I need to charge my iPhone, I can now fully make use of the QI wireless charger
Steering wheel functions are all operational but with a 1 second delay for +/- skip song or play/pause buttons. No impact to the volume or mode buttons as these are operating the car system and not the iPhone
Great add-on !

FYI, this installation was done under iOS 13.3.1
After initial set up, the main thing I learned is, do NOT touch the screen or controls at all in the car. After the car turns on, just let it sit for a solid 20/35 seconds. Then, CarPlay will automatically appear.

All is good for now, if I fine issues, I'll report later

·
Registered
35 Posts
I’ve been debating between that adapter and the one that also adds android capability. I’m all Apple based currently but the ability to have the front screen act a tablet is intriguing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts