Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2022 XSE+TP AWD
158 Posts
Any wireless solution for Android phones?

·
Registered
2 Posts
@Turbo_Pumpkin I did not know these existed - this is awesome. I would think it could be hidden underneath the dash somehow as well.

The reviews on this look great, but I am highly skeptical of reviews on a manufacturers website (able to easily remove bad reviews if they want).

The CPlay2Air is not on Amazon (like those reviews are more trustworthy), and all the devices like this on Amazon have poor reviews.

However, one person on Amazon wrote this review about a device that does the same thing.

Follow-up 1/6/2021:
I returned the Carlinkit device shortly after writing the above review, and a week ago I purchased a Cplay2air Carplay adapter. This is a night-today difference, with also very easy setup but it has been working like a charm, starting within about 20 seconds after starting the car without any interruption. The Cplay2air is not (yet) available on Amazon but it is definitely a much better device.
Hello, So you bought the adapter from the Cplay2air too? how long have you been using it? its there any issues with the map or music when runs the wireless carplay? will it support android radio? and how much?thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought an AI box last week, It has 4 GB ram, 64GB ROM. Work like an android phone with 4G SIM, SD memory card. Wireless carplay and android auto. Go for it.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Cheap solution if you have an extra Android phone sitting in a drawer. USB that unused android phone into the main USB port....android auto needs to be installed on this phone. Setup a hot spot on your other daily android phone. Connect the two via hotspot wifi. Works just fine. Works like a pricey dongle gadget since both has to be wire connected to the USB port.......it just frees up your main phone from a wire. Your untethered daily android phone sends the data via wifi to the wired in phone.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The directions have you update the firmware before you install it which I did. It’s working good so far. CarPlay comes on within 30 seconds of staring the van. It used a Wi-Fi connection. So, I can’t connect to the AT&T hotspot on the van. That’s not really a problem as I have unlimited data on my phone anyhow.

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'm about a week into using mine (Carlinkit 3.0 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GLVW169/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1) and I've been happy so far. It does take a few seconds to connect but seems to be working well so far.

I've only used it for a couple of phone calls but it seemed to work well and I didn't notice a lag.

It's just nice for short trips to not have to plug in your phone. And if I need to charge, I can just put my phone on the wireless charger (I have the XLE w/ Plus).

My only fear is someone thinking it's a phone or something and breaking in to steal it. I might try painters tape to attach it underneath the bridge and out of sight.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I'm about a week into using mine (Carlinkit 3.0 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GLVW169/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1) and I've been happy so far. It does take a few seconds to connect but seems to be working well so far.

I've only used it for a couple of phone calls but it seemed to work well and I didn't notice a lag.

It's just nice for short trips to not have to plug in your phone. And if I need to charge, I can just put my phone on the wireless charger (I have the XLE w/ Plus).

My only fear is someone thinking it's a phone or something and breaking in to steal it. I might try painters tape to attach it underneath the bridge and out of sight.
Those velcro stickers that can be removed without leaving a residue might also work.

·
Registered
321 Posts
A few weeks in and I am very happy with my Amazon wireless carplay device. It connects quickly and reliably.

My only issue is switching between phones when two of us are in the car. Has anyone found a good way to do that?

·
Registered
Sienna LE AWD 2022
5 Posts
I found this thread in our forum. You can try it. It’s a new model carlinkit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found this on couple of YouTube videos and it’s working great with Toyota prewired CarPlay.

Binize Wireless CarPlay Android AUTO Multimedia Video Box 4G Cellular,4GB+64GB,8Core,Android 9.0 System,Built-in Navigation,Support SIM&TF Card Bluetooth Only Support Car with OEM Wired CarPlay https://a.co/d/duPoj9W

21 - 39 of 39 Posts