Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks. I bought a "Kenway trailer wiring kit" and was about to attempt to wire the trailer wire connector to a 2002 Sienna. However, having read a few discussions of people attempting the same and the different ways to go about it, I'm reconsidering. The Kenway Kit instructions simply want me to splice/connect (the kit comes with the splitter connectors) to the 1. "Vehicle Running Lights", to the 2. "vehicle L.H. Brake and turn, and to the 3. "Vehicle R.H. Brake and turn" (also a white ground wire that goes to the frame). The Sienna will be pulling a Harbor Freight trailer that was previously pulled with my already wired 2003 Subaru Forester without flawlessly. Trailer has 2 tail light and running lights, all LED. Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Reactions: Jeff2

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mike, thanks for the reply :) Can you confirm that this is the same Curt T-Connector (Item # C55418) available at Amazon? Looks like an above average wiring job. Have seen a couple of youtube videos on how to go about, but if you have one particular one in mind, please pass along. Many Thanks!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Yes, the Curt 55418 is the one you want for a 2002 Sienna.

Take off a few trim panels, unplug a few connectors, plug these in between existing connectors and re-connect. Attach the ground somewhere while you have the panels off and put everything back together.

I highly recommend getting a set of trim panel tools if you don't have a set already.

-Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jeff2
1 - 4 of 4 Posts