Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could do it all over how many of you would choose the sienna again knowing what you know now?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yes. I chose it for its reliability and because it had a timing chain instead of timing belt(s). I still hate the "trolleys" left on the floor when you pull out the middle seats. But other than that, I'm happy with the vehicle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes!

Have a 2017 xle that replaced a 2005. Would do it again. I believe the 2017 lacks some of the little things I liked on the older one, like some storage spots, non removable center console, and 2nd row captain chairs. But 13 years of nothing but routine maintenance makes the Sienna hard to beat.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yes and No:

If I want a basic people hauling and don't mind the underpower outdated engine/design, lacking many tech features then Yes.

No, I would move on to something more sophisticated in term of design and features wise such as Infiniti QX60 or Hyundai Palisade.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Yes, plenty of space to haul luggage and people comfortably, you can't say the same for 3 rows SUV, as most of them are either trunk space or sits 7/8 not both, the only wishlist is better gas mpg a PHEV version would be awesome

·
Registered
529 Posts
100% yes. I am a "No Frills" type of guy. I love my base 2011. I don't need power sliding doors. BSM, Parking assist and other stuff but some like those features. Not my cup of tea. I do miss a couple things from my 2007LE that my 2011 does not have but I am not going to complain about the price I paid for my 2011. :wink:

·
Registered
969 Posts
We started looking a Highlander and Honda Pilot. Third row is not for adults and limited storage. That led us to a Sienna.
The first thing I asked my wife to test out is the comfort level of the 3rd row seats, we tried Lexus GX, Pathfinder, Infiniti QX, etc none of them are as easy access and as comfortable as Sienna

·
Registered
2 Posts
Absolutely!

Our first Sienna was an LE model with a Braun power rear entry RampVan modification (our adult son uses a stroller-style wheelchair). Mechanically very sound. When it was time to replace it, we purchased a 2018 Sienna XLE Premium and had Braun modify it with another power rear entry ramp. We anticipate using this vehicle for ten to fifteen years.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes of course! in fact ive "upgraded" twice since getting my first one. I started with a base LE with navi in 2014 with a 3yr lease, after the lease ended got a certified used 2014 XLE premium... kept that a couple years and recently sold it (with positive equity!) for a 2015 SE premium which is what ive wanted since i first got the sienna (but couldnt afford it back then)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yes without any reservations we are glad we bought a Sienna. We own a 2004 we bought new and are still driving after 145,000 trouble free miles. One of the most versatile vehicles I have ever owned. The 3.3l engine and the transmission on this vehicle are a perfect match.
Camping,traveling, hauling people or cargo it shines. Ours has a hitch that we use a heavy duty basket or large 4 bike rack on. A few years ago I used to do towing with our Sienna but our camper is now gone. One day I am going to have to get rid of this workhorse and I am not looking forward to that day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unfortunately no, which pains me to say because I am a die-hard Toyota 4x4 guy. I have a 1991 Toyota Pickup that will only be pried from my cold dead hands. When my wife broke it to me that she wanted a minivan I wasn't happy until I found out that Toyota built the only AWD minivan on the market, and we bought our 2015 Sienna. We love all aspects of it EXCEPT the RFT issue. We had nothing but problems with the RFTs (wearing extremely fast, blown out sidewalls, etc...) and then dealt with the inconvenience of running conventional tires and no spare. In the end even my wife wishes we would have just bought an SUV with a 3rd row seat. Either that or I could go for a nice factory swing out rear tire carrier.

·
Registered
15 Posts
After a recent 6k Mile journey with 4 adults needing long leg room, luggage of 4 adults who don't pack light, a puppy with all his goodies and a trailer with 2 bikes and gear: My only regret is not getting one sooner.

Mine is a 2014 AWD Limited.

Simba

·
Registered
529 Posts
After a recent 6k Mile journey with 4 adults needing long leg room, luggage of 4 adults who don't pack light, a puppy with all his goodies and a trailer with 2 bikes and gear: My only regret is not getting one sooner.

Mine is a 2014 AWD Limited.

Simba

Awesome. What bikes are they? Hard to tell by the pics.

·
Registered
30 Posts
We love our Sienna. I went in knowing the 2018 Sienna was later in the 3rd Generation and the 4th Gen would be coming soon. I might have looked at the Oddessy more but we don't have a Honda dealer near by. I am glad that it worked out like it did because I really like the XLE Premuim with the option of having an 8th seat. With all the saftey stuff in the Sienna, it was really the best and only option to me. I would have loved to have a Limited but being 7 passengers made it 2nd on the list.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Knowing what I know now after having own my '15 SE for a few months, I'd get the SE Premium for those extra "tech" features so my wife can hear me talk when she's in the third row breastfeeding.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts