Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace the metal post inside my passenger side mirror (that the spring wraps around). 2016 Sienna - mirror has heat, blind spot, no puddle light, no turn signal. Not sure if the different models have different posts or not.

That post broke a tab off that compresses the spring. Trying to fix the one small broken part without spending $300+ on a new assembly or ditching the color-matched cover. Anyone have an assembly that's broken elsewhere, or have other ideas for me? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FYI for those who find this while searching for their own solution later... We fixed it with this:

·
Registered
1 Posts
FYI for those who find this while searching for their own solution later... We fixed it with this:
I have the same issue with my 2016 xle. How was the install of this part? I haven't pulled my mirror assembly off yet to take a closer look and don't want to bite off more than I can chew.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the same issue with my 2016 xle. How was the install of this part? I haven't pulled my mirror assembly off yet to take a closer look and don't want to bite off more than I can chew.
Sorry I haven't been on in a while. Mine wasn't a bad install (though admittedly my FIL did the actual installing for me), did end up cutting and splicing a couple wires to get them through the center of the hinge. Could de-pin and re-pin the connectors as well, I would think. No turn signals or puddle lights in mine like a lot of the later years had, wouldn't think that makes it tougher though, just a couple more steps. You-Tube is your friend with this install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts