Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forums, and a great deal of information! With that being said, I'm getting a mixture of yes and no when it comes to the spare. I ordered a XLE AWD yesterday, and there was no option to add the spare. The dealer is unsure as well, but checking into it. Can anyone confirm if they have recieved a sienna with the spare in an AWD or is that simply not possible in the Canadian version? Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
No spare in my XLE AWD 7-Passenger. I think if you dig into the website only the LE comes with a spare from factory at the moment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Over some 800,000 miles in three different vans- Aerostar, Grand Caravan, and 3 Siennas- Decent quality All-Season, or seasonal radials will run until the tread is nearly gone.
I had ONE flat tire. I hit a piece of firberglass aeroshaft which caught the tread and driven through it. It lasted some 20 miles(didn't know it happened) to the plant I was visiting.
When I went to leave the tire was flat. One of the mechanics offered to plug the leak, which he did in 20 minutes or so. I got him a six pack. The repair lasted until I got new tires for inspection.

Otherwise the only tire problems were a few slow-leak tire valves, and on that had to be remounted to clean up a dirty rim.

I think run-flats might only be useful if you are carrying gold bullion.

·
Registered
33 Posts
New to the forums, and a great deal of information! With that being said, I'm getting a mixture of yes and no when it comes to the spare. I ordered a XLE AWD yesterday, and there was no option to add the spare. The dealer is unsure as well, but checking into it. Can anyone confirm if they have recieved a sienna with the spare in an AWD or is that simply not possible in the Canadian version? Thanks!
all models come with a "repair kit" except the LE that has a temporary spare

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all models come with a "repair kit" except the LE that has a temporary spare
Since posting, I found a dealer in Alberta that had a XLE AWD with the spare tire option. I sent my salesman that video and the pictures, and now I'm waiting to hear back from Toyota Canada. Our roads are terrible here, and flat tires are common with the freeze/thaw weather we have all winter. Just that extra peice of mind. If I can't, that's fine and I'll live without it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts