Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

XLE AWD Taillight swap to Limited/Platinum 3 bar LED

33K views 111 replies 26 participants last post by  OnTheRoadAgain 
#1 ·
Anybody swap out the taillights both inner and outer? I've obtained 3 out of the 4 pieces currently and looked to see that the wire bundle goes into the bottom quarter panel with a plastic snap piece that holds it into the frame of the vehicle. I can pull but I don't want to ruin the rear quarter panel by pulling too far to get the wire connectors pulled out to swap them. Switching the LEDs looks like there's a different number of cables between the XLE and the Limited light clusters so it doesn't look like it'll be a simple plug/unplug the cables in the back of the light. The Limited inner light has an extra 3LED cluster towards the center that isn't there in my XLE so i know that it will require replacing the entire taillight as well. I went to the dealership to pull numbers and apparently they're all the same between LE/XLE/XSE and Limited/Platinum. 3 different types all with the same exact number, just different prices. Obviously there's differences in the lights but i have no way to determine which piece to purchase to get the last piece I would need...the Inner passenger light... anybody know how many bolts/screws i need to pull in order to swap out the taillights?

#103 ·
Your XSE lamps didn't come with the OEM LED? Mine did, maybe because I bought them used/refurbished. If it doesn't fit, you may need to buy one specific from the dealership. I don't know the part#. Okay, I looked at my purchase and compared the harnesses XSE to XLE. It seems the entire harness is different. The XSE seems to be white while the XLE/LE black.

XSE

Gas Machine Auto part Engineering Electric blue

XLE

Electrical wiring Wire Electrical supply Auto part Cable

Hopefully this helps you.

#106 ·
#107 ·
Maybe this..

It fits 25th, XSE, platinum etc
Call Toyota to check though.
I sorry. I meant the part number to the brake light bulbs that would fit

#112 ·
here's an example of one on eBay, yours didn't come with the harness?

Since I bought mine used , they came with everything for a direct swap out. If you buy them brand new from Toyota, you may need to do more.

#110 ·
I am trying to change the 24 XLE OEM reverse bulb with Auxito T15 4014 LED bulb. Able to access it by removing the plastic trim in the tail gate and unplug the wiring harness.

However I am unable to remove the bulb holder by rotating it counter clockwise. It's very tight on both sides and I am a bit scared to use pliers. Any suggestions on removing the reverse light holder?

#111 ·
I am trying to change the 24 XLE OEM reverse bulb with Auxito T15 4014 LED bulb. Able to access it by removing the plastic trim in the tail gate and unplug the wiring harness.

However I am unable to remove the bulb holder by rotating it counter clockwise. It's very tight on both sides and I am a bit scared to use pliers. Any suggestions on removing the reverse light holder?
It should just twist off.