Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m in the verge of ordering a 2022 sienna but split between xle awd and xse awd. Curious about the ride difference. Xse being sport tuned. Is it bumpy even with the fatter tires of it being awd.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I’m in the verge of ordering a 2022 sienna but split between xle awd and xse awd. Curious about the ride difference. Xse being sport tuned. Is it bumpy even with the fatter tires of it being awd.
I personally prefer the front grill on the XSE...it is the only trim that comes with it. In addition...I noticed that not all colors are offered on the XLE..

·
Registered
561 Posts
Thanks. I was wondering about that...are they exactly the same size grill but different design?
The front bumper cover on the XSE is different too, not just the grille. You would likely have to get it painted to match your vehicle, as most of these come unpainted. There are likely some other parts you would need to swap out the front on a Limited with that of an XSE. There are also parking sensors, fog lamps, etc. that will have to be fitted and not sure if they can be directly swapped or you would need to purchase new ones.

Here are some of the parts:

Picture is of XSE vs Limited
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
209 Posts
The front bumper cover on the XSE is different too, not just the grille. You would likely have to get it painted to match your vehicle, as most of these come unpainted. There are likely some other parts you would need to swap out the front on a Limited with that of an XSE. There are also parking sensors, fog lamps, etc. that will have to be fitted and not sure if they can be directly swapped or you would need to purchase new ones.

Here are some of the parts:

Picture is of XSE vs Limited
View attachment 52817
Thank you so much...it says it is compatible with XSE. So I'm wondering if it will fit the platinum/Limited! The XSE looks really nice with the red exterior!

·
Premium Member
2021 XLE Plus Gray
897 Posts
Thanks. I was wondering about that...are they exactly the same size grill but different design?
Looking at the picture of the two vehicles above, it is obvious that the grills are not interchangable since the XSE grill flares out at the bottom and the other curves in. You have to change the bumper as well.
The person mentioned above actually installed the XSE grill and bumper on the Platinum. A post describing it says:
"you can also just buy the XSE bumper+grille after and fit it to your platinum. A member here has already done that and stated it was $1400 including paint from the dealership (install was done by member so no labor cost reflected)"
So the cost appears to be $1400 + labor
It appears that the dealer did the painting.

Here are the posts by @RealEstateSNV who did it:
(11) 2021 20” Aftermarket wheels | Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com
(11) 2021 20” Aftermarket wheels | Page 2 | Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com
You could contact him for detailed list of parts required.

If you go this route, you may want to check out some reliable bodyshops who may do it for less than the dealership.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Looking at the picture of the two vehicles above, it is obvious that the grills are not interchangable since the XSE grill flares out at the bottom and the other curves in. You have to change the bumper as well.
The person mentioned above actually installed the XSE grill and bumper on the Platinum. A post describing it says:
"you can also just buy the XSE bumper+grille after and fit it to your platinum. A member here has already done that and stated it was $1400 including paint from the dealership (install was done by member so no labor cost reflected)"
So the cost appears to be $1400 + labor
It appears that the dealer did the painting.

Here are the posts by @RealEstateSNV who did it:
(11) 2021 20” Aftermarket wheels | Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com
(11) 2021 20” Aftermarket wheels | Page 2 | Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com
You could contact him for detailed list of parts required.

If you go this route, you may want to check out some reliable bodyshops who may do it for less than the dealership.
WOW! Jim...thank you so much! I will probably do that as I like all the features/options that come with the Platinum! i will start contacting body shops and the dealerships in my area. BTW...they don't have any 2022 Sienna in their inventory...they told me they are expecting them in early December..but they are already sold. Amazing...

·
Premium Member
2021 XLE Plus Gray
897 Posts
WOW! Jim...thank you so much! I will probably do that as I like all the features/options that come with the Platinum! i will start contacting body shops and the dealerships in my area. BTW...they don't have any 2022 Sienna in their inventory...they told me they are expecting them in early December..but they are already sold. Amazing...
Since you will be removng some nice new parts, they have value. I don't know how you market them, but you should be able to recoup some of your cost.
By the way, I think this is a far better route since I do not think you would have much luck trying to retrofit the mirror into the XSE.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Since you will be removng some nice new parts, they have value. I don't know how you market them, but you should be able to recoup some of your cost.
By the way, I think this is a far better route since I do not think you would have much luck trying to retrofit the mirror into the XSE.
Great idea! Maybe I can sell them on eBay which i have never done ...lol. I will ask the dealer for ideas...

·
Registered
19 Posts
@Kyle30 your questions was about XLE awd and XSE awd - I don't think there's an XLE awd in 2022. Certainly not in Canada. I think they added woodland (US only) and dropped XLE awd.

I ordered a 2021 but it never arrived and had to change my order for 2022.

·
Premium Member
2021 XLE Plus Gray
897 Posts
@Kyle30 your questions was about XLE awd and XSE awd - I don't think there's an XLE awd in 2022. Certainly not in Canada. I think they added woodland (US only) and dropped XLE awd.

I ordered a 2021 but it never arrived and had to change my order for 2022.
According to the Toyota pricing site, you can get a 2022 7 Passenger XLE with AWD in the US.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Seems a lot of people are talking about the grill. The question is, do either or both come with run-flat tires? If so, the ride will be a lot bumpier (and IMO more unpleasant) than with regular tires. Speaking from experience. I had a sienna with AWD and run-flats. It was pretty intolerable. When I got my 2017, I went with FWD in order to avoid the run-flats, and I know some people get AWD and swap out the run-flats for regular tires and carry a spare. Just so you know.

·
Registered
2022 Sienna XSE AWD with tech
60 Posts
Seems a lot of people are talking about the grill. The question is, do either or both come with run-flat tires? If so, the ride will be a lot bumpier (and IMO more unpleasant) than with regular tires. Speaking from experience. I had a sienna with AWD and run-flats. It was pretty intolerable. When I got my 2017, I went with FWD in order to avoid the run-flats, and I know some people get AWD and swap out the run-flats for regular tires and carry a spare. Just so you know.
No run flats on 2021 and 2022 Siennas. Also no spare in Canada but in US you can pay to have it added.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts