Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

Xse awd vs xle awd

8K views 29 replies 19 participants last post by  DaTank 
#1 ·
I’m in the verge of ordering a 2022 sienna but split between xle awd and xse awd. Curious about the ride difference. Xse being sport tuned. Is it bumpy even with the fatter tires of it being awd.

#19 ·
Seems a lot of people are talking about the grill. The question is, do either or both come with run-flat tires? If so, the ride will be a lot bumpier (and IMO more unpleasant) than with regular tires. Speaking from experience. I had a sienna with AWD and run-flats. It was pretty intolerable. When I got my 2017, I went with FWD in order to avoid the run-flats, and I know some people get AWD and swap out the run-flats for regular tires and carry a spare. Just so you know.

#28 ·
The 20 inch tires pretty much "have" to worsen the ride because they have a larger rim, and the distance from your rim to the ground will be less with 20 inch tires. That is, there will be less "air cushion" from your tires. I have seen this on the Buick Lacrosse..a very nice riding vehicle "as long as" it does not have the package with the larger rims. If you want a nice riding car, stay away from the XSE and go with XLE or one without the larger wheels. The big wheels may look cool but you pay for it with the ride.