Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 Sienna Limited Premium
5,340 Posts
They gave me a Camry as a loaner. I told them I didn’t care what type of car.
I get it that not being in the vehicle you purchased will not make you happy. But truthfully, unless you purchased the Toyota Extended Warranty, they do not owe you a loaner car. That's a nice perk, but nowhere in your new vehicle warranty is there any offer of a loaner car when yours is in for service.

I'm just playing devils' advocate here, as the crowd on the Gen-4 board seems to be rather vocal against additional coverage. But when my van was in the shop for over a month, I was happy that replacement wheels was a provision that I didn't have to fight for.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I get it that not being in the vehicle you purchased will not make you happy. But truthfully, unless you purchased the Toyota Extended Warranty, they do not owe you a loaner car. That's a nice perk, but nowhere in your new vehicle warranty is there any offer of a loaner car when yours is in for service.

I'm just playing devils' advocate here, as the crowd on the Gen-4 board seems to be rather vocal against additional coverage. But when my van was in the shop for over a month, I was happy that replacement wheels was a provision that I didn't have to fight for.
I was actually surprised when they told me they were giving me the loaner and I expressed my appreciation, understanding that it was not “owed” to me. Sometimes, people in business take the long view that if they can make a bad situation right, they will have a returning customer for years to come.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Update - The dealer can’t figure out what’s causing the windshield noise or the steering malfunction as of yet. There was discussion of possibly replacing the steering rack in its entirety.

As for the 3rd row seats, when folded down, bouncing every time I go over a speed bump - that’s just the way it’s designed according to the dealer. Has anyone else noticed that the 3rd row does not lock down when they are folded? If that’s the case, anyone have an idea of how to stop them from bouncing when you hit a bump. We sometimes transport our dog in the back and the idea of the seats bouncing up and down when he’s in the back is unnerving.
I have seen on YouTube videos that they don’t lock on the down position. Figured it was a pre production thing

·
Registered
2016 Toyota Sienna XLE Premium 8 Passengers 🚐
44 Posts
Yes. They do in mine.

You have to use the lift handle to unlatch and assist in uprighting the seats. Both of them.

I imaging other years should as well considering it prevents it from bouncing on rough roads.

(╭☞ ಠ ͜つ ಠ )╭☞ r=1+sinθ

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Limited AWD
126 Posts
As for the 3rd row seats, when folded down, bouncing every time I go over a speed bump - that’s just the way it’s designed according to the dealer. Has anyone else noticed that the 3rd row does not lock down when they are folded? If that’s the case, anyone have an idea of how to stop them from bouncing when you hit a bump. We sometimes transport our dog in the back and the idea of the seats bouncing up and down when he’s in the back is unnerving.
I would tend to doubt that if your dog was back there it would bounce. Mine would bounce when I went over a particular speed bump the right way, it would make a huge bump in the back. I put the tri-fold cargo mat in the back though, and haven't noticed it bouncing since. I'd bet that any kind of weight on it will stop it from bouncing. It seems to be assisted (pneumatic or spring?) when putting the seats up, so that must be causing the easy bouncing back there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I would tend to doubt that if your dog was back there it would bounce. Mine would bounce when I went over a particular speed bump the right way, it would make a huge bump in the back. I put the tri-fold cargo mat in the back though, and haven't noticed it bouncing since. I'd bet that any kind of weight on it will stop it from bouncing. It seems to be assisted (pneumatic or spring?) when putting the seats up, so that must be causing the easy bouncing back there.
Does the trifold fit in the well behind the 3rd row when the 3rd row seats are upright? If so, does it fit relatively flat on the floor so you can put luggage on top? Thanks

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Limited AWD
126 Posts
Does the trifold fit in the well behind the 3rd row when the 3rd row seats are upright? If so, does it fit relatively flat on the floor so you can put luggage on top? Thanks
Yes, fits very well! Better than expected actually. They fold to about 1/2” thick. Just thick enough that the seats can’t fold back down on top of it. Hang on, I’ll go do it and take a picture.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts