Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Been lurking here the last couple weeks since i purchased a brand new XSE in Grey Mica. Got a really good deal and the best part of all, i didn’t have to wait. Gave up my Volvo XC90 and have ZERO regrets. I have 2 kids so it’s perfect for hauling the family around. It really brings me back to when i was a kid when my parents had an Dodge Ram van and we’d take it on family trips. Can’t wait to make new memories w/ my fam…

So far I’ve added the OEM trunk tray, replaced the interior, reverse & turn signal lights to LED, and tinted the windows all around.

More upgrades/updates soon!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi all! Been lurking here the last couple weeks since i purchased a brand new XSE in Grey Mica. Got a really good deal and the best part of all, i didn’t have to wait. Gave up my Volvo XC90 and have ZERO regrets. I have 2 kids so it’s perfect for hauling the family around. It really brings me back to when i was a kid when my parents had an Dodge Ram van and we’d take it on family trips. Can’t wait to make new memories w/ my fam…

View attachment 51968

So far I’ve added the OEM trunk tray, replaced the interior, reverse & turn signal lights to LED, and tinted the windows all around.

More upgrades/updates soon!
That color looks great.. congratulations

·
Registered
66 Posts
I got the XSE FWD too but in Ruby Flare Pearl and I've done the same mods as you except for the window tint. One additional mod I've done which turned out very well is to install the Naviks motion sensor bypass harness.

It's all plug and play and particularly easy to install on the Sienna due to easy access to the back of the infotainment system screen.

I only got this to to be able to to see mp3 album art on the screen while the vehicle is in motion. It's silly Toyota locks this out when other manufacturers don't, but seems to be a longstanding issue that's not getting resolved without a workaround like this anytime soon.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the XSE FWD too but in Ruby Flare Pearl and I've done the same mods as you except for the window tint. One additional mod I've done which turned out very well is to install the Naviks motion sensor bypass harness.

It's all plug and play and particularly easy to install on the Sienna due to easy access to the back of the infotainment system screen.

I only got this to to be able to to see mp3 album art on the screen while the vehicle is in motion. It's silly Toyota locks this out when other manufacturers don't, but seems to be a longstanding issue that's not getting resolved without a workaround like this anytime soon.
That’s good info to know! Unfortunately i didn’t opt for the rear entertainment for the kiddos. I wish the XSE captain chairs came w/ ottomans tho. Lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don't have the rear entertainment system either. The album art I'm referring to is the one displayed on the front screen. It's displayed with the transmission in park, but not in drive. This is with mp3 files playing off a USB memory stick. I think it's the same issue playing music on a phone over Bluetooth, not sure about Apple Carplay, Android Auto or XM Radio.

I did check out the Ottomans that come in the Limited. It seems a bit of a gimmick because they are too short to support the legs of an adult. A small child maybe. Toyota also says not to use these while the vehicle is motion.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Will you post a video after install? I'm interested and would like to hear it in action.
Can you make sure to do a before and after video. Thanks!
In terms of the process, this post may help show how:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can you make sure to do a before and after video. Thanks!
Will you post a video after install? I'm interested and would like to hear it in action.
Tried installing the PIAA horns today but the electrical wire that plugs into the OEM horn are too short. I’d have to forcefully pull the wires to make them reach and I’d rather not do that. Such a bummer.

I’m going to return them. But i did just order the JDM Toyota premium horns which are a direct plug and play. I can post vids if you guys still want me to

·
Super Moderator
2015 Sienna Limited Premium
5,560 Posts
Moved to Mods per the OP's request.

Reactions: SiennaREV

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Toyota premium horns came in today. Had some spare time so i decided to just install them.

Very easy and straight forward. 7 or 8 plastic clips to remove the plastic panel in the engine bay in order to get access to the horns. 12mm bolt to remove each OEM horn. Electrical was plug and play w/ no modifications to the wiring. Took me like 10 minutes to do the install. VIDS of the sound of the horns are below as well.

Shoutout to Hybrid Pit for the premium horns. Great service and quick shipping! Link is below

TOYOTA JDM PREMIUM HORN - Toyota Prius / Lexus CT200H

VIDS of the OEM Horn & Premium Horn.
OEM Horn
Premium Horn

**if anybody can show/tell me how to actually post the videos on this post, let me know. All i can provide are my YouTube links.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Got the chrome delete done. Went with satin black for the window trim and gloss black for the front grill.
Extremely happy with how it turned out and it really does make a huuuuuuuge difference. Looks so much cleaner.

Here are before and after pics.

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After
Nice... I blacked out my front already too, just need to get around to the side chrome.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Watching the video sounds like it is higher pitch? I assume you didn't do a before/after decibel test. Do you feel it is much louder?
Unfortunately i didn’t do a DB test.

But it definitely is louder with a “robust” sound compared to the stock horns.

Here’s the details regarding the premium horns.

Maximum Sound Decibel : 93 - 112
2 Pieces (High Frequency 500Hz x 1pc & Low Frequency 400Hz x 1pc)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Got the chrome delete done. Went with satin black for the window trim and gloss black for the front grill.
Extremely happy with how it turned out and it really does make a huuuuuuuge difference. Looks so much cleaner.

Here are before and after pics.

Before
View attachment 52179
After View attachment 52178

Before
View attachment 52180
After
View attachment 52181

Before
View attachment 52182
After
View attachment 52183