Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota describes the XSE trim as having sport tuned steering which some have described as feeling "tighter" at freeway speeds, but I was wondering if anybody has experience comparing the XSE to other trims with regard to the degree of power assist when turning the wheel in tight spaces at low speed such as when parking? Does it require more strength or effort?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Where does Toyota say the XSE has "sport tuned steering"? They say it has "sport tuned suspension" which is quite different.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for providing this. There are probably some people out there who have hands on feedback they can share

·
Registered
5 Posts
Doesn’t require more strength or effort at all. Parallel parking has been a breeze. I traded in my 2nd gen MDX for this XSE and I find the way it handles and drives comparable. It doesn’t feel like I’m driving a minivan. I didn’t test drive the other trims but I did have a Dodge Caravan as a rental a couple years ago and that drove like how I would imagine a minivan to be.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yea the XSE drives and feels like an SUV. And I usually drive performance cars only.

It is not a heavy steering and wife loves it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess the most useful feedback would be from someone who test-drove an XSE and Limited/Platinum model back to back during the same dealer visit to most directly compare steering feel.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XSE Awd Tech Package
62 Posts
I guess the most useful feedback would be from someone who test-drove an XSE and Limited/Platinum model back to back during the same dealer visit to most directly compare steering feel.
I drove both the limited and XSE and settled on the XSE with technology package as it's $5k cheaper here in Canada and I preferred the handling/feel of the XSE over the limited. The lack of roll and what feels like tighter or more responsive steering is what I mostly preferred. Well that and $5k in my bank account. I honestly don't have a preference when it comes to looks as I like either design. The only things I wish my XSE had was auto folding mirrors and memory seats however I'd rather have the better ride that the XSE provides over those creature comforts. I have a 2017 crv and the Sienna definitely corners and steers better which makes it feel more sporty, less van like. I've got 3 kids so I use all 3 rows and the kids love it. Also I drive on back country roads with some gravel so roads are probably rougher compared to most.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts