Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my Beck Arnley right outer tie rod that didn't quite make it a year on our 2011 Sienna. It has less than 15,000 easy miles. It manifested as a death wobble and you can see the soc
IMG_20200516_185308~2.jpg
ket failed in the picture. The play is enormous. I've noticed this past year that a lot of aftermarket parts manufacturers of which I've previously had no problems with seem to be producing garbage. I had to return two two Monroe quick struts because the springs weren't seated and also a lower control arm that had an improperly pressed bushing. So that leaves Toyota OEM. I do believe that you get what you pay for but the OEM prices make it ridiculous to take on a large project like rebuilding a suspension on an older car. It seems that between high priced used parts and designed obsolescence the consumer takes it in the shorts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So in the interest of closing my post here's a quick follow up. I replaced both the left and right outer tie rods with new Moog units. Had the car realigned and could not be happier. Nice and smooth pulls straight down the road. Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts