Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
141 - 158 of 158 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Just had this done! Excited about the look. Need to black out the chrome trim. Had the spring air bag helpers installed at the same time. Those are a bit noisy but unfortunately necessary. Hopefully they settle a bit. View attachment 54931 View attachment 54933
This looks great. Im wondering if you mind sharing the cost to install the lift kit and the rear air bags at the same time? Thanks Mike

· Registered
22 Posts
Here's the finished photo
JOR 3" Lift, Firestone air bags, 245/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3, Torklift hitch, Motegi 17" rims. It's been a long time coming but I'm really happy with how it turned out. Thanks for all the info from forum members.

My son used to have trouble picking out the right Sienna at pickup. This is no longer a problem.

Attachments

· Registered
170 Posts
JOR 3" Lift, Firestone air bags, 245/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3, Torklift hitch, Motegi 17" rims. It's been a long time coming but I'm really happy with how it turned out. Thanks for all the info from forum members.

My son used to have trouble picking out the right Sienna at pickup. This is no longer a problem.
Looks good. But those rims, are you at all concerned that they don't meet the sienna load rating of 1700 lbs per wheel?

· Registered
22 Posts
Looks good. But those rims, are you at all concerned that they don't meet the sienna load rating of 1700 lbs per wheel?
The short answer is I didn't notice it before I got them. But now that I have them, I'm not that worried - provided I know what I'm talking about, which is debatable. 1708lbs is the recommended wheel rating as compared with the 1650lb weight rating on the wheels I bought.

GAWR (max weight per axle) 3406 1/2 of which is a 1708lb weight rating.

If the GVWR (max fully loaded including vehicle) is 6170lbs then 1/4th is 1542lbs/wheel - evenly loaded.

So if we ignore the wheels, we can move 10% of the weight (1708-1542)/1542 from the front axle to the rear axle (or vice versa if I strap a moose to the hood). With a 1650lb capped wheel I can shift 7% of the weight from the front axle to the rear axle at maximum load where the wheels will be the limiting factor instead of the axles. It's a good reminder to keep as much weight forward as possible but I'm only losing 100lbs of aft bias.

It would be fun to measure respective wheel weights in a fully loaded scenario to see natural bias- or at least my idea of fun.

I have other wheels to use if I'm maximum loading the vehicle, and in the meantime I'll be sure to put all the iron maiden tapes into the console.

· Registered
5 Posts

Which firestone air bags did you use? Are you FWD or AWD? The only airbags I can find for 21/22 AWD are Air Lift 1000. The firestone site shows a 21/22 airbag but specifically says 2WD only. Thanks!

· Registered
28 Posts

Oh my goodness, that is in the top 3 hottest Sienna's I've seen. We took a trip in our XSE AWD recently and loaded down with 6 people, full roof box, full tank of gas, and packed to the brim in the back with luggage the rear really sagged. To the point where I was getting flashed because my headlights were so far up. I'm assuming you are a FWD model since those air bags aren't listed for AWD use even though the suspension is literally identical.

· Registered
22 Plat 2wd with every option
25 Posts

looks great!!!!

· Registered
22 Posts
Thanks!
The Firestone Airbags works the same on the FWD as the AWD. They both have bump stops in the springs that would connect with the airbags and need to be removed. There are other threads on the bumpstop discussion. Talk it over with your installer - it's best to do it with the lift kit since the suspension will be taken apart anyways. No reason to take apart the suspension twice.

Without the bump stops I think the Airbags could be a simply DIY project, but with the bump stops and having to drill holes for the airlines, it's outside my ability.

· Registered
5 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Car Tire Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Asphalt Road surface Bumper Motor vehicle

Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Fender Collar

I added Journeys 3” lift kit and firestone rear airbags to my 2022 Platinum AWD. This is how it looks with 600-700 pounds of weight in the rear. Ground clearance and rear tire well clearance both increased by 4-5”. Front tire well clearance increased 3”.

These are the stock 18-in. metallic wheels with P235/60R18 tires.

Freddy at Mr. Lifts Wheels and Tires in Chicago did a great job with this and charged $800 total for install of the lift kit and airbags (including removal of the bump stops, alignment, and a follow up checkin and realignment a month later with all my weight in it).

I haven’t noticed any drop in mileage yet but I’m sure there’s some. I’ve been dealing with heavy Chicago traffic and now rain and snow. I was getting around 22mpg before the lift and airbag.

I haven’t noticed any issues with cameras or sensors, including Bird’s Eye View.

Mr. Lifts may install an adjustable camber control arm for the rear wheels. We'll see at the one month checkin if it's necessary.

eTrailer.com and Firestone’s site say the airbags are for FWD only, but multiple people on siennachat.com had confirmed that the suspension assembly is identical between the AWD and FWD versions.

Many thanks to the folks on here who helped post pics and info before I took the plunge!

Mr. Lifts Wheels & Tires
(708) 477-6231

Firestone Coil-Rite Air Helper Springs - Rear Axle - Item # F4155 - https://www.etrailer.com/Vehicle-Suspension/Firestone/F4155.html

4th Gen Toyota Sienna Hybrid - 3" Lift Kit
2021+ 4th Gen Sienna Lift Kits

· Registered
170 Posts
View attachment 60858

View attachment 60859

View attachment 60860

View attachment 60861

View attachment 60862

I added Journeys 3” lift kit and firestone rear airbags to my 2022 Platinum AWD. This is how it looks with 600-700 pounds of weight in the rear. Ground clearance and rear tire well clearance both increased by 4-5”. Front tire well clearance increased 3”.

These are the stock 18-in. metallic wheels with P235/60R18 tires.

Freddy at Mr. Lifts Wheels and Tires in Chicago did a great job with this and charged $800 total for install of the lift kit and airbags (including removal of the bump stops, alignment, and a follow up checkin and realignment a month later with all my weight in it).

I haven’t noticed any drop in mileage yet but I’m sure there’s some. I’ve been dealing with heavy Chicago traffic and now rain and snow. I was getting around 22mpg before the lift and airbag.

I haven’t noticed any issues with cameras or sensors, including Bird’s Eye View.

Mr. Lifts may install an adjustable camber control arm for the rear wheels. We'll see at the one month checkin if it's necessary.

eTrailer.com and Firestone’s site say the airbags are for FWD only, but multiple people on siennachat.com had confirmed that the suspension assembly is identical between the AWD and FWD versions.

Many thanks to the folks on here who helped post pics and info before I took the plunge!

Mr. Lifts Wheels & Tires
(708) 477-6231

Firestone Coil-Rite Air Helper Springs - Rear Axle - Item # F4155 - https://www.etrailer.com/Vehicle-Suspension/Firestone/F4155.html

4th Gen Toyota Sienna Hybrid - 3" Lift Kit
2021+ 4th Gen Sienna Lift Kits
Looks good.
Would those black urethane spring inserts (I forget the brand) done as well for the rear sag, instead of the firestone bags?

Curious, what do you regularly carry that is so heavy?

· Registered
5 Posts
Looks good.
Would those black urethane spring inserts (I forget the brand) done as well for the rear sag, instead of the firestone bags?

Curious, what do you regularly carry that is so heavy?
Not sure of the pros/cons and performance of the urethane spring inserts. I hadn't heard of that before you mentioning it. Everything I know about this stuff I've learned on here and most of my research was pointing towards airbags and not the inserts. They might've worked, but I'll let someone else advise on that.

And I regularly carry concrete samples, lol!

· Registered
5 Posts
I don’t know much about modding a car. What is the benefit of doing the lift and the airbags? I was planning on doing the lift kit but now interested to hear about the airbags.
Lift created ground clearance. Airbags in rear springs prevent the springs from compressing as much as normal, so you get more shock absorption and you can carry more weight in the rear without the rear sagging too low into the wheel well and/or ground. With a lot of weight in the rear and without the airbags, I had to go a lot slower over potholes and speed bumps and slight inclines into parking lots and stuff.

· Registered
5 Posts
I appreciate that. Thank you for taking the time to write out that helpful answer.

Does it make the overall ride better than as well? I’m really enjoying my factory ride.
SO MUCH BETTER. But specifically because I carry so much weight in the back. If you weren't carrying lots of weight you wouldn't probably notice much difference with the airbags in. You would however notice a big difference with the lift kit, regardless of whether or not you also do airbags.

141 - 158 of 158 Posts