Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Somewhere in the neighborhood of $1,500
Nice idea, and a tidy solution. If it had been an option at time of purchase I would have gone for it.
Between the cost of parts and the labour I'll probably just keep my winter wheel in as a summer spare for long trips (and a summer wheel for winter)

Maybe a hitch mounted spare would be more versatile and less expensive. Shinkansen has a nice one.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Just get a steel wheel and 17" all weather tire or better yet rotate 5 tires.

Trying to get it to fit spare space not worth it imho since costly.

·
Registered
2020 Sienna LE
38 Posts
FWIW, a used tire shop around the corner from me got me a used tire and rim for $120. I am not going to complain about saving money, but the reason I went there is that it was easy to talk to them. I knew nothing about tires or rims. I pretty much pulled in, he took a quick look, and called me a couple of weeks after when he had found it. It is a spare that I hope I have to never use it. I don't care about asthetics as long as the tire looks decent and that it can go a few hundred miles. They even put it on for me to take a test drive, and than put the newer on back on.

Btw, any of 17, 18 or 20 inches ones should work. 17s are on LE and XLEs. Plat AWDs have 18.

Don't forget the jack and a tire wrench.

If I have to do it again, I would do a 17Incher. It will be relatively easy to deflate and shoe-in sideways behind 3rd row. I also bought another cheapy airpump as a back up to inflate the spare wheel.
Exactly what I was going to suggest. Smaller is cheaper so get a 17" as long as the OD is the same, get a jack off Amazon for less than $50 delivered right to your door and your done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am not sure where the $1500 is coming from? Installed from the dealer? From the PDFs that were posted earlier, we need the "Spare Wheel Carrier Assy" which runs about $235 online. The OEM Toyota wheel is about $245 online. Add another $100 for the tire plus mounting and balancing, lug nuts, and new label and it's maybe $600 in parts. Any idea how to determine which color of gray interior a van has? They list: light gray, cool gray, and neutral warm gray. Do the interior colors stay the same for 22?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was going to buy a full size spare to put it in the trunk for long road trips only but that will cost about $350 to $400 on tirerack.com. having a hard time finding cheap steel rims in that size.
i might just go with this kit Complete Spare Tire Kit 2021-22 Toyota Sienna, Compact | Modern Spare with shipping for about 500. unless someone here have another suggestion.
I'm just going to get this kit. It comes neatly in a carrying case. The ease of just "putting the bag" in the trunk when you are busy packing for a a long road trip is worth it for me.

I got 99 problems but the spare aint one.....

·
Registered
925 Posts
From the PDFs that were posted earlier, we need the "Spare Wheel Carrier Assy" which runs about $235 online. The OEM Toyota wheel is about $245 online. Add another $100 for the tire plus mounting and balancing, lug nuts, and new label and it's maybe $600 in parts.
You're forgetting the need to replace the entire rear drivers-side interior panel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You're forgetting the need to replace the entire rear drivers-side interior panel.
The kit indicates that it includes the "Quarter Panel Trim Assy" and "Spare Wheel Cover". It has to be ordered with the correct color of the van interior. Are you saying there are more panels that need to be replaced than just what's in the kit?

·
Registered
925 Posts
I haven't looked at the kit. Perhaps you're correct. The one just posted above by Cascadia doesn't seem to have any interior panels, though. Was mostly replying to your post which only seemed to mention mounting hardware and tire details.

·
Registered
2021 XSE AWD Tech
265 Posts
I'm just going to get this kit. It comes neatly in a carrying case. The ease of just "putting the bag" in the trunk when you are busy packing for a a long road trip is worth it for me.

I got 99 problems but the spare aint one.....
Show us the kit when you got it.

·
Registered
2020 Sienna LE
38 Posts
I haven't looked at the kit. Perhaps you're correct. The one just posted above by Cascadia doesn't seem to have any interior panels, though. Was mostly replying to your post which only seemed to mention mounting hardware and tire details.
I'm confused. You the first person to reply to this thread in post 2 stating your dealer screwed up your order and had to pay for everything. You did paste the thread below when you responded so if anyone should know what parts were needed wouldnt you know? Not trying to be an A hole, just not sure why you dont know what all is involved if you had everything switched over.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Not trying to be an A hole, just not sure why you dont know what all is involved if you had everything switched over.
I know exactly what's involved. There was no kit. There were individual components ordered and installed. There were tire components. There were mounting components. There were jack and lug wrench components, and a new door for the 12V battery area. There was also an entire rear interior panel, the most expensive part of the change. If there's any misunderstanding here, it's me not knowing what you're referring to by a "kit." Does this help?

·
Registered
9 Posts
The one I ordered is just the spare tire and all the tools needed to change a flat tire. It will probably sit in my garage for 90% of the time and will only be in the van for road trips. This is more than adequate for my needs.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts