Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Glad you asked! I used a 4" ABS plumbing coupler, carefully marked how far to cut it, cut out the bumper, and attached it from the backside with screws.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
haha, props for your fab skills. I need to see what it would take to make a dual exhaust setup for my car too. Need to score some SE suspension parts first though. Priorities!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've seen your van around Phoenix and loved it! Would it require much more work (and money) to take it up another inch or maybe even two to get a total of 3 inches? Maybe that wouldn't make much sense because the fenders are shaped to limit any larger tire size without some cutting. But I am considering trading my 4runner for a van if I can do something like this to it. We drive to a cabin with not well maintained roads and a van would make more sense for all of our dogs and us to travel in, but the stock ground clearance would not cut it.Thanks for being daring enough to tackle this project and share with the rest of us!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Azrich3, glad you like it IRL! It wouldn't really be any extra work to take it an inch higher than the inch that I raised it. I followed 4x4Cal's approach who lifted his his 2":
https://www.siennachat.com/forum/69-mods-projects-gen-3/49833-2-inch-lift-my-2018-xle-awd.html

There's also kit available that provided 3.5" of lift:
https://www.siennachat.com/forum/69-mods-projects-gen-3/55986-3-5-lift-kit-journey-offroad-awd-gen-3-a.html

However, I already have rubbing with my tire size, so I don't know how much larger tires you can realistically go.

·
Registered
30 Posts
We debated VANTSTC for a license plate! Also GAVE UP, MANIVAN, BRA DZR, or my favorite for its double meaning when you say it fast, NEW TRD
Man, those last two are gold. I think you made the right choice, but I'd be tempted to have a fakey made up of the other one too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Azrich3, glad you like it IRL! It wouldn't really be any extra work to take it an inch higher than the inch that I raised it. I followed 4x4Cal's approach who lifted his his 2":
https://www.siennachat.com/forum/69-mods-projects-gen-3/49833-2-inch-lift-my-2018-xle-awd.html

There's also kit available that provided 3.5" of lift:
https://www.siennachat.com/forum/69-mods-projects-gen-3/55986-3-5-lift-kit-journey-offroad-awd-gen-3-a.html

However, I already have rubbing with my tire size, so I don't know how much larger tires you can realistically go.

That 3.5" kit is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks! Now I gotta find an AWD van somewhere and see if I can part with the 4Runner.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This Sienna looks so rad. You should put some off road videos up on YouTube.

I can't see Toyota ever offering anything like this from the factory, but Subaru should do it. My 2wd XLE would be gone so fast.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm in VA I have 2017 AWD with hidden hitch installed already and mud flaps as well. So it's for sale for right price. Interested ? It's gray interior and Mica down gray paint. All windows tint, really dark tint. Car has 20,0000 some miles. I will drive it for you to AZ.

That 3.5" kit is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks! Now I gotta find an AWD van somewhere and see if I can part with the 4Runner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
HI Odd,
Your Sienna has been inspirational for my project as well. 2013 Silver XLE. I will be providing "before and afters" when the project is complete. I like yours quite a bit. Therefore, I am doing the following:

Journeys Off Road lift kit, replaced the stock wheels and tires with Vision 398 Manx wheels (17" x 8") and Nokian Rotiiva AT tires, black Rhinolining type spray-on rocker panel and fender protection, customer decals (yours looked so good I stole your vision for those), Rockford Fosgate Speakers throughout, Yakima Offgrid with large extension roof rack, installing a 2" receiver hitch with 4-pin trailer wiring, Husky floor mats throughout, Spyder Chrome/Smoke LED DRL projector headlamps, and projector fog lamps from CARiD.

That is what is definitely happening, but I have more on the long off horizon. BTW, although this is my first post, I have been following many mods that have been put up here. These mods were my muse for selling my much beloved 2010 Tacoma (modded up as well) for a more comfortable, user-friendly, surfing/hunting/mountain biking weapon. Thank you all for paving the way.

21 - 40 of 87 Posts