Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
121 - 140 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
What are the steps to default it? Maybe I should try the same since default pw is not working
The best I've come up with is to reset the device by pressing an unfolded paperclip into the small vent hole in the upper right (you can see this procedure in the owners manual)

Even doing this doesn't seem to reset the password to the stated default

·
Registered
2021 Sienna
4 Posts
The best I've come up with is to reset the device by pressing an unfolded paperclip into the small vent hole in the upper right (you can see this procedure in the owners manual)

Even doing this doesn't seem to reset the password to the stated default
Hi,
Try the Dedicated Password Reset feature rather than system reset (pin hole), this is done by pressing and holding down the Microphone and Action buttons together for 10 seconds until a single beep is heard. This will reset the password to 1234567890 (the default password).

Cheers!

·
Registered
2021 Sienna
4 Posts
What are the steps to default it? Maybe I should try the same since default pw is not working
Hi,
Try the Dedicated Password Reset feature rather than system reset (pin hole), this is done by pressing and holding down the Microphone and Action buttons together for 10 seconds until a single beep is heard. This will reset the password to 1234567890 (the default password).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,
I don't know where you found this info...but after hours of troubleshooting and an unreturned call to Toyota for tech support...you've solved my problem in seconds...much thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Limited FWD
123 Posts
So I called Toyota parts and they said the 2021 sienna dash cam is $550. I laughed. And then told him okay let’s try the part number (from here ending with 210 and he said that’s $299. I asked him what’s the difference and he couldn’t tell. The part number that he came up with ends with 2AA but the previous numbers where all the same. Anyone know what’s up??

·
Registered
199 Posts
So I called Toyota parts and they said the 2021 sienna dash cam is $550. I laughed. And then told him okay let’s try the part number (from here ending with 210 and he said that’s $299. I asked him what’s the difference and he couldn’t tell. The part number that he came up with ends with 2AA but the previous numbers where all the same. Anyone know what’s up??
Stealership is whatsup

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
There are two part numbers. They appear to be the same, but one was formally listed only for the Venza. I’d just go with the cheaper one (without the AA in the part number) which is what gets installed when ordered from factory

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Platinum
64 Posts
I just did some research today and found this video
In a nutshell there is a factory 5 pin plug with 12v always on, ignition, ground hidden behind the roof switch panel.
I already placed my order for the connector (part number 90980-12366)
Chances are if you can wait, someone like simpleUSB may make an adapter for it, but I didn't find any already available solution, so I will make my own instead

·
Banned
2021 Pre Dawn Mica XLE
58 Posts
I bought a Street Guardian a couple of years ago for less than $150.00. I haven't had a problem. I think it works pretty good and service techs don't notice it. I took the van in for some potential A.C. work and when I got the van back I watched the video to what they did. They didn't do any thing they said they did. The proof was in the pudding. Needless to say it was only an estimate on work to be done so I didn't go back.
Just saw this post, and wanted to chime in. My dashcams have caught mechanics claiming they did work they never did at least 3 times. It’s usually tire rotations they lie about. Sadly for them (lol) my dashcam has live view, and I log into it to catch them…lol.

·
Banned
2021 Pre Dawn Mica XLE
58 Posts
I think this is a very nice dashcam for the money. You see the review here. He also review the 2021 Sienna and the other dashcam from the same company.

The only issue with the Vantrues (now that they switched to using capacitors instead of batteries) is the FPS. FPS is what’s going to catch the license plates and other minutiae. Way more important than resolution.

121 - 140 of 170 Posts