Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
141 - 160 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Just saw this post, and wanted to chime in. My dashcams have caught mechanics claiming they did work they never did at least 3 times. It’s usually tire rotations they lie about. Sadly for them (lol) my dashcam has live view, and I log into it to catch them…lol.
From the same shop? Please make sure to share this on reviews etc... Idc if it costs little or not, a paid work is a paid work to be fulfilled.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Video saves in 2 minute increments.

Note: I realized when transferring the file that I still had the plastic film protector thing on the lens! So ignore the slight bluriness. The video is 1920x1080

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
gwbennett, I had the same thing happen to me. Got it on sale from my dealer, they installed it for $55, not bad. When I upgraded from 16 to 32Gb card, I looked at the images on the 16Gb card and noticed fuzziness in the middle of the image. Remembered your post, and found the film protector over my lens as well.
Based on another post, I ordered a 128Gb card, installed it, and got the error beeps. So I ordered both a 64 and 32Gb card, the 64 beeped error but the 32 works! Not sure why the larger cards don't work, though I did understand the 16 was with the cam and would work up to 32Gb.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ended up getting this cam along with few other accessories for hardwiring, much cheaper than OEM and if done right, should look and feel almost OEM-ish. I won't be utilizing the pre-set socket in the headliner and as a DIY, I think this will be a good fun project.

View attachment 50160
123noob, does the 64Gb card work in your dashcam? Oops, nevermind, I now see you have a different cam than the Toyota integrated dashcam.

·
Registered
21 Sienna AWD Plat Silver
1,157 Posts
I installed the Toyota Integrated Dashcam today. (No damages to any other parts, other than it sitting a little crooked and half a centimeter lower than I would have liked ;) ). I have 5 other cheapy dashcams sitting unused. However, running a long cable around was too much work for me to do it elegantly ;). I am sure someone has, or will, sell a connector to turn the OEM open connector into a Cigarette Lighter or a USB Female Adopter. I think I saw someone selling it for Tacoma in one of the videos. Anyways, I didn't see anyone mention it here for Sienna so may be not.

For novices like me, here are some tips :
1. PT949-08210 parts list contains a Foam Tape and two Cable Ties. The instructions manual doesn't say anything about what they are for. Looking around, I found the instructions manual for Venza for the same camera. It says to use the Foam tape to wrap around the connectors. i.e. snap on the camera connector to Blue one in the overhead cavity, and than wrap it in the Foam tape. For the zip ties, I just used to them tidy it up cables up there. The overhead space is very little so you don't have to, but I put them to use since they were there already.

2. Pulling down the overhead assembly needs certain amount of determination. It takes quite a bit of pull to get them out. I was sure I was going to break something in the process. Also, note that one of the trim on the outer edges of the assembly that runs by the clip is thin and fragile. Reach in well inside of the gap and find more substantial place to hold and pull it down.

3. Snapping it up back up needs a little bit of determination too. Note that the two red tabs/clips can slide a little sideways. Push them in the other way if it doesn't snap back on relatively easily in first try.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna
4 Posts
gwbennett, I had the same thing happen to me. Got it on sale from my dealer, they installed it for $55, not bad. When I upgraded from 16 to 32Gb card, I looked at the images on the 16Gb card and noticed fuzziness in the middle of the image. Remembered your post, and found the film protector over my lens as well.
Based on another post, I ordered a 128Gb card, installed it, and got the error beeps. So I ordered both a 64 and 32Gb card, the 64 beeped error but the 32 works! Not sure why the larger cards don't work, though I did understand the 16 was with the cam and would work up to 32Gb.
Hi, in the owners manual it says it supports upto 128GB so i guess you would have to format it via the Smartphone App for the Dashcam accept it or format it on a Computer to FAT32 file format. Cards larger than 32GB come by default in exFAT format which some Dashcams do not support. It needs to be FAT32.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE
665 Posts
It seems like the Toyota dash cam is out of stock at many parts places. One place told me it is a national out of stock isue without an expected in-stock date. Anyone know where there are any available?

·
Registered
42 Posts
It seems like the Toyota dash cam is out of stock at many parts places. One place told me it is a national out of stock isue without an expected in-stock date. Anyone know where there are any available?
I just placed an order for a Sienna and the dealer also mentioned that this part is out of stock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Could anyone confirm that this dash cam pt949-08210 works on Sienna 2022?

Since Sienna 2022 is almost the same as 2021, I think it is the same part, but want to double confirm. Thanks.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Could anyone confirm that this dash cam pt949-08210 works on Sienna 2022?

Since Sienna 2022 is almost the same as 2021, I think it is the same part, but want to double confirm. Thanks.
Should since it should use the same plug-in connector etc... the dash cams are pretty universal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I installed the dash cam recently. The part number pt949-08210 works on Sienna 2022. And 128 GB SD card works in this dash cam after you format it to fat32. You need some google search to find out how to do it.

I brake a red clip of the overhead assembly, but it can still mount back without problem though. You can print the template before the mount, make sure it is printed with the correct size. Then you can install the dash cam to the perfect position.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You can use a 128GB micro-SD card. If you get the error beeps, turn on the Wi-Fi on the dash cam, and connect with the app. Then use the app to format the micro-SD card. It should work after that. You can also format the card to FAT32 using a computer, but it may be easier to do it in the dash cam app.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought the dash cam from the dealer parts department today. Was about $250. Installed it myself in about 10 minutes. Pull down the overhead console (with the map lights and door/moonroof switches) route the cable under the headliner and plug it into the connector that is sitting right there. Super simple. The instructions said to remove the casing from around the mirror but I can't figure out why! They were also for a Venza but even so it doesn't seem there was any reason.

edit: Yes the part number is PT949-08210 and yes they might tell you it is for a Venza. It is the correct part for the 21 Sienna and works perfectly!

View attachment 49870 View attachment 49871
Toyota Integrated Dash Cam - quick update:

Installed myself in dealer parking lot before driving the new Sienna home in less than 15 minutes! - sorry to those who might have paid dealer labor to install - IMHO dealer should offer to install as part of sale!

Tips:
  • NO WIRING HARNESS IS REQUIRED FOR SIENNA!
  • Print instructions (attached) and placement template ahead of time, make sure template is sized correctly and cut outs completed.
  • Have some masking tape available to affix template.
  • Pop out the map light console grasping closest to windshield and allow it to gently hang from connector.
  • From the driver's seat reach in with right hand and with finger tips gently push down headliner away from windshield where the cam connector needs to thread through, while pushing connecter through with the left hand. Pull connector cable through, plug into the available blue connector and stow excess cable per the instructions.
  • Stick the cam and adhesive plate to the windshield and remove placement template.
  • Sync cam with the smart phone app.
  • Done!
thank bears and gwbennett for sharing your installation experience! We have had our Sienna for almost 10 months now, it was our replacement after our 2019 odyssey got t-boned by a car running a red light on my green left turn arrow. Ever since the guy decided to change his story, we thought we should really invest in a dashcam. Anyway, not sure how 10 months have passed, and I must have missed this thread, but your posts made me think it would be easy enough to install the dash cam myself. I really don’t know anything about cars, and now that everything came in…I’m getting cold feet and don’t want to ruin anything.

Question…So do I or do I not have to disconnect the battery? Wish me luck in getting the console down, I have a fear that I’m going to crack or tear something when force is involved. Thank you!

·
Registered
21 Sienna AWD Plat Silver
1,157 Posts
thank bears and gwbennett for sharing your installation experience! We have had our Sienna for almost 10 months now, it was our replacement after our 2019 odyssey got t-boned by a car running a red light on my green left turn arrow. Ever since the guy decided to change his story, we thought we should really invest in a dashcam. Anyway, not sure how 10 months have passed, and I must have missed this thread, but your posts made me think it would be easy enough to install the dash cam myself. I really don’t know anything about cars, and now that everything came in…I’m getting cold feet and don’t want to ruin anything.

Question…So do I or do I not have to disconnect the battery? Wish me luck in getting the console down, I have a fear that I’m going to crack or tear something when force is involved. Thank you!
Yes. The first step in the Instructions is to remove the battery. There is not really much to it. Just get the right size socket, and lefty loosy, righty tighty. Instructions tell you the size of the socket too. IIRC, 10mm.

About getting the headliner out, pull both sides down together. Get your fingers in deep and towards the middle. IIRC, some parts of the front are too thin on the outside. Start pulling down slowly with increasing the pull as you feel you got hold of the sturdy sections. No jerky motion. It takes plenty of slow determination with a lot of self-doubting along the way. Once it's out, you would feel like it was easier than you had thought it to be.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes. The first step in the Instructions is to remove the battery. There is not really much to it. Just get the right size socket, and lefty loosy, righty tighty. Instructions tell you the size of the socket too. IIRC, 10mm.

About getting the headliner out, pull both sides down together. Get your fingers in deep and towards the middle. IIRC, some parts of the front are too thin on the outside. Start pulling down slowly with increasing the pull as you feel you got hold of the sturdy sections. No jerky motion. It takes plenty of slow determination with a lot of self-doubting along the way. Once it's out, you would feel like it was easier than you had thought it to be.
Thanks so much…that is very helpful!

141 - 160 of 170 Posts